How can I make him more comfortable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa127

Oscar (4 years old) has been in my home for exactly one month today. Just yesterday he started the arm waving thing at me. Most times a black beard goes along with it. While the arm waving is adorable, I'd like to know if there is anything I can do to make him feel more secure and comfortable? I don't know why this just started yesterday, but I want him to be happy here. He did this last evening and again this afternoon.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've never seen a male do the arm waving. I'm not sure why it's along with a black beard. Does he like to be handled? Perhaps you can hold him for a while to make him feel secure.

lisa127

Original Poster
Yes, he does like to be handled. In fact tonight he wanted to come out while I was making dinner for my husband. By the time I could get to him his beard was the blackest black I had ever seen and he was scratching at the glass. I took him out and as he sat on me his beard turned from black to yellowish. He is not very good at aim when trying to jump from one thing to another. He was sitting on a chair, which was pulled out a few inches from the table. He tried to jump from the chair to the table and missed and fell on the floor. Are they usually not good with aim?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Beardies think they can FLY. I would be careful as they can fall and break bones, etc. Sometimes their aim isn't very good.

It does sound like he wanted to get out of the tank and spend some time with both of you especially since his colors brightened up so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom