How can I improve my enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiyou

Hi, I've had my Bearded Dragon for about 3 months now. She doesn't move much when she's in the terrarium when i take her out she's pretty active and fast to move around. I keep her basking spot around 105-110 degrees and the humidity down (where her basking spot is) to 35-40%. However the rest of the terrarium is much harder to manage, the other side of the tank gets to 60% and 72 degrees. I mounted the UVB light within the tank to help her get some of the light from it. Any ideas on how I can improve my set up?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You want cool side around 80 during the day and not below 65 at nite- you said you moved the UVB -- what brand and bulb ? tube or coil?
Karrie

Chiyou

Original Poster
yeah bulb is okay, i got the 10.0 hood bulb. More concerned about the humidity variation within the terrarium.

I live on the west coast in Vancouver so i'm not sure if that's why its happening

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your in a humid climate---- the 60% is ok -- when it starts getting 70 or higher then I would start to worry or so they say-- you can always invest in a dehumidifier and put it in the room she is in
Karrie

Chiyou

Original Poster
Yeah I have a small/cheap dehumidifier running, hoping that will help make her comfortable :p thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom