Hoss isn't eating...ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
Hey, guys. My adult beardie, Hoss decided he doesn't want food. He's at the point where he's malnourished and has basically no fat deposits. Nothing I give him seems to get his attention so the last few days I've been feeding him squash baby food with a syringe just to get something into his system. I was thinking of trying an appetite stimulant like Repta Boost or maybe Carnivore Care. I just gotta get some weight on him again. Any advice?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy =(. I wonder if the YF is back. I probably wouldn't go with the high protein carnivore care. Baby food squash is good and you could mix up your own blend of veges to be more cost effective if you want to. If his fat deposits are depleted somethings up though.

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh the YF never left. It takes up half of his belly now including scar tissue. The vet said it's not going away so I don't have to worry about it too much as long as he's still doing fine. He's normally a picky eater so he eats when he wants to and usually he's fine but it seems like he hasn't eaten much in a few weeks. I've been trying to get him to eat but he just doesn't want it. He's still moving around and basking on his own. He just kinda seems like he doesn't feel well. I don't know what I can do to get him to eat on his own without having to resort to the syringe every day

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think the lack of appetite and depleted fat pads is a symptom of something. It could be the YF flaring up internally or it could be something else. Is he still taking Voriconizole? Since his fat pads are depleted it is probably a good idea to keep the syringe feeding going for now to make sure he is hydrated and has at least something in his belly.

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's not on any meds. Since it wasn't going away, I stopped them and the vet approved. He's had it for over 3 1/2 years now and it's never really bothered him. The vet didn't want to keep him on it for so long if it wasn't going to stay gone. We just sorta had to accept the fact that it's something he'll have to live with. Other than the YF he's always been happy and healthy and I've never really had any issues with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom