Horrible Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Alison, that's great to hear that she passed the vet appointment fine. :D It is possible that she could have jumped down at least a few of the stairs, they can jump very high. You and your son must be quite relieved. How did she do with eating today?

Did the vet give you an antibiotic to give her? Just curious what he prescribed. If he did, make sure you give a probiotic to help restore the good gut flora that antibiotics can destroy and to also keep her well hydrated.

Thanks for the great update. :)

mom2twinsplus2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So far, so good with Norbert....she is still acting and looking just perfect and like normal. She is getting lots and lots and lots of cuddles and love here tonight. I think it will be quite a while before I really relax about it all but at least as far as we (or the vet) can tell, she seems to not have any ill-effects from whatever journey she took down from the 2nd to the 1st floor. I really appreciate the hugs from everyone....I really do know that accidents just can happen and when I hear about anyone elses, I never read it like "what a twit"...I just read it as "oh no, how awful for them and for the beardie" but gosh, when it is me who is the twit, it is so hard to stop kicking myself. I have to say that last night, I really didn't think there was a chance of a happy ending here but I really hope that the vet is right and that we will get really lucky here....my son is quite convinced that she is OK.

Thanks again for all the good wishes for Norbert.

Alison

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Alison,

I am so happy that Norbert is doing well. Accidents happen, so try not to blame yourself!
That is great the vet checked her out & said everything looked fine & she has no broken bones. Poor girl, she most likely just jumped down the stairs instead of falling the entire way down.
Bless her little heart, I am so glad she is doing fine.

Tracie

mom2twinsplus2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, we are three days out now from the "trip" she took downstairs and she seems to be just fine. I absolutely can not beleive it but I am so, so thrilled about it. I am guessing now that she went down the stairs rather than the straight fall but I really have no idea....gives me chills to think about either. Anyhow, I am still checking on her a gazillion times a day but she is hanging out and doing her mellow thing.

The vet did prescribe an antibiotic for her...she is on Panacur....3 days in a row, then once a week for 3 week. So far, she is eating normally...she hasn't pooped yet (she took a huge dump on the vet's table when we were there-LMAO). He did not mention anything about a pro-biotic to help her after the antibiotic. What should I get for her?

He did say she was too fat...she really doesn't look fat...but whatever...she is just starting to eat salad and it is still not much and she won't eat crickets...so it is mostly roaches, superworms and phoenix for her....her favorite are the supers by far but I guess they have more fat than the roaches or crickets. We are going to try to push the salad and do more roaches to worms from now and see how that does. I have to say I was kind of happy to hear him say she was fat after all the trouble we had getting her to eat when we first got her!

Anyhow, so far, so good here.

Alison

MissT

BD.org Addict
You know, I can really sympathise, yesterday, I took my beardies to the vet... I had the new little girl out on the vets table and the vet and I were discussing just how sweet and calm she is compared to Kazi. The vet was calculating her meds dosage and I had picked her up off the table.... next thing, she sprang up from my hands, hit the edge of the table, slid down the metal attachement on the end of the table, hit the radiator and landed on the floor before scampering off under the table!!! I could have cried!! But the vet picked her up and she was fine!! Not even a little shocked - when I picked her up to put her back in her carrier, she tried to jump again!!!

mom2twinsplus2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh ack....how scary! At least you were in a great place for her to have an accident! I am so glad she wasn't hurt!

Alison

MommytoSobe

Hatchling Member
Oh wow! I would have been totally freaked out too!!! Im glad shes okay though!!!! Crazy beardies!
My Sobe leaped off my chair the other day. He decided to climb from my shoulder up onto the back and then jumped to the floor and took off running. He definitely jumped about 4 ft. Scared me to death!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Well im 5ft 10 and Phoebe was level with my chin (snuggles lol) when she suddenly sprang into the air... I would say she def dropped over 4ft too... and before she made her leap for freedom, I was holding her with both hands - I think that makes me a much more careless beardie mom than you, Alison! Its crazy how much they make us worry...!

Nikki1292

I'm sooo glad to hear that she's ok. See, there was no need to panic. But it was smart taking her to the vet regardless. And yes, bearded dragons can be VERY deep sleepers lol. My Gizmo worried me the first week I had him because he always looked dead. It's actually kinda funny in the morning cause I'll turn the lights on and he'll open one eye then close it lol. So not a morning beardie lol.

Anyways, I hope that she continues to do well! :D

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Well im glad everything went okay! I know how bad it makes you feel when things like this happens. Something like this happened to me a few months ago. I found a hornworm outside and fed it to Stompy. Then I researched it online and all of the websites I read said that wild hornworms are toxic because of the tomato plants that they eat and the parasites they could have! I was so upset, I called 3 emergency rooms before I got one with a reptile vet and the vet said that this one time he will be fine but to call back in the morning to make sure and then call back at the end of the day to see if I need to bring him in. Everything worked out just fine and I boy did Stompy really like that hornworm! he was a very bright color the next day and was more active than usual (he has slowed down his eating since fall started) But boy was I so stupid to do that I def learned my lesson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom