hornworms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering how old or big should my beardie be before I try to feed her hornworms, also I have no idea how old she is when I got her from pet smart she was no bigger then 6 inches now she is 18 inches and has really slowed down on the amount of crickets she eats do they decide when to switch from 80 percent protein 20 salad to 20 percent protein to 80 percent salad becaue she really loves her salad

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, she can eat the relatively large hornworms at her size. My dragons were eating adult hornworms at 18 inches. The hornworms get huge pretty quickly !
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29893/full

And if she likes salad now more than bugs, that is a real plus. Lots more nutrition in the good greens + veggies.

Even smaller beardies can eat small hornworms because they are so soft. Just be aware that they can get spoiled + become picky eaters when given these.

kumar

My girl (just found out she's a girl) has also slowed down on the crickets. She is 17 inches, but she's always been a good salad eater and does drink from a water dish. I do believe the older they get the less protein they need, 20/80. I was wondering about the hormworm as well. Those things are huge and I'm so afraid to give her one, they are so big, but everyone says it's okay and I've seen many videos on one of my FB pages for bearded dragon owners where they are eating the hornworms and they are the same size as my beardie. I'm going to try one, I know she'll love. I started giving her waxworms, which she loves, but I can't give them everyday as they are very high in fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom