horn worms info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsyTraveler

Hatchling Member
Ok so i have been having a lot of trouble finding this information, i wanted to know a few things about horn worms :?
I wanted to know if there was some sort of protien supplement i need to put on them to make up for the lack of protien?
I also needed to know how big is too big? because they can get up to 4 inches, and i have a 2year old 13 inch BD (he has a stunted growth from his last owner neglecting him :( )
they are soft and squishy and very juicy, so i thought it would be hard to cause him impaction, he is on repti carpet so loose sand is not a problem either, he gets bathed usually every night to prevent him from pooping in the viv. His basking temps are correct, and he has a reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb.

Ive seen videos on youtube of people feeding their BD's hornworms that are very big (more than the space between their eyes) and they seem to eat them fine. Also, keyori (my BD) chews his food up VERY well. Sometimes, if he thinks its too big, he will spit it out like a dog and go at it slowly, to make sure he chews it all. actually, im now starting to wonder why he does that :O

AZPumpMan

My dragon LOVES hornworms! Don't worry though, they only get that big when it's really warm. Just put them someplace 75-80 degrees and they won't grow, or it slows it down a lot! It was the opposite with me, they were two small when I got them so I put them in my garage(where it's cool), and the weren't growing. As soon as I put them on the mat heater they were 4 inches in less than 3 days. Just be reasonable with the sizes, nothing to drastic of a size. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom