horn worm question......

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
I was reading somewhere a few minutes ago about someone feeding their beardie hornworms they get off of tomato plants.
Please someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't that bad for dragons? I thought I read somewhere that tomato plants were
toxic for dragons and if wild hornworms are feeding on them then they should be toxic too correct? I know I have seen a link
on here somewhere. Can someone help with this one please. I am curious as come next spring when we have our garden we have
tons of horn worms and I do not want to give them ot Gobi or Ash if they are bad. :?: :?:

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
I think this is the thread you may have been thinking of: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=118713&p=938337&hilit=tomato+plants#p938337

I would worry about feeding a beardie grubs from the wild as even if you can guarantee you havent put pesticides etc on the soil you dont know what else it or the grubs contain. (better safe than sorry).

Also this link http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html suggests only feeding raw tomato rarely and the tomato plant itself is not on the list of safe plants.

I know you meant the hornworms and not the plant, but what they eat is what our lil critters eat.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
i knew i wasn't loosing what little mind i have left. I knew i had seen it somewhere. The Poster has posted in blogs
recently about feeding hornworms to their beardie that they were getting from a family members garden. I posted
a comment to them and told them I thought it was not safe. Then came here because I knew i had seen it somewhere
thanks for the research. I hope they come here and see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom