hormone fest!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
Hi, I have not been on the board for a long time! All winter long it looked like Balrog was brumating. She was sleeping most days, ate one or two roaches a week, and was not active. It's her second winter, so it's the first time she does that.
Last week she seemed to wake up. She got very active, would eat like crazy. In the bath, she drank a lot of water, then we put a bowl of water in her viv and she would come and drink from it! We were very surprised, because she had never done that before! Now she stopped.
And we have a 9 month old male, who is super attracted to her. Now even Balrog starts the waving-bobbing! Obviously, they are not together, but when one is out, he can see the other in the viv...

So for many months, we had one sleepy beardie, one active beardie, now we have two CRAZY beardies!

I guess their homone levels will go down in a few weeks, and we'll be back to "normal" beardies!

alyel

Juvie Member
Sounds like our Gunner and Piper!! Dang hormones. He goes NUTS for Piper when he sees her. It sucks because we can't take him out to run around because he'll see the other 2 and go crazy. And if we take the others out, we have to put "blinders" up on his viv so he doesn't see them and vice versa... (their vivs are all stacked upon each other)
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom