Homesick for Helius, am I nuts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Hey. I had to leave Helius for a weekend trip after I first got him and that was hard. At least the trip was morning to night action, so that helped me not think about him. I was nervous because he was new and we were still at the stage where we were still figuring it all out. But it was all good.

Now, I'm taking my first vacation without him and I'm dying. I'm not worried, I'm leaving him home where he is happy and with my son who is extrememely knowledgeable. He's sort of Chet's lizard too in a way. But in anycase, I'm going to miss him so wicked bad. Chet said he'd take pictures and vids on the phone and send them. But he's a guy, so I'll only get a few while I'm away for the 9 days. This sucks. I'll be twitching from not being able to hunker down and snuggle with him.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I really feel like I'm nuts. I dont even leave until Satuerday and yet I keep running into his room to talk to him ... fight the urge to take him out of the heat too much lolol, etc. Like I've already been away and am missing him. Okay he's just a funny lizard, not my human child! He'll have Chet to play with and be comfortable in his wonderful home we made him. Gosh he'll get tons of snuggles each day. He'll have outings. He wont miss a THING. So all of this is "me". Me missing him. And ....... I'm not even gone yet.

Repeat after me, ""Heli is a lizard. He is not your human child. He is not an ape. He is not even dog. He is a lizard. Lizards want their sun, greens, routine, home and attention ... and they're good to go. He is a lizard. You are a human. Humans take vacations to get AWAY from things to take breaks, like from kids, pets, and ..... lizards."" It'll be okay. SAY IT. "IT'll be okaaaaay". No go take your damn pill.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Actually, they miss you back. :wink: I had to leave Toothless for a 8 day vacation, and I told him so. Right before I left, he went and did this.

IMG_2273.jpg

And when I got back, he was ultra fidgety, and refused to cooperate for a few hours. I got the WORST stink eye XD He forgave me when I gave him ultra attention and snuggles though.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
OMG that is adorable!
He actually ran under his
hide.
Poor Toothless.
Vash misses me when I'm gone for more
than 2 hours.
I took a week vacation once and he totally
ran in his fake plant tree and would not come
out of it, when I came back I gave him lots of
cuddles and hugs and such even some crix to make him
feel better. He was back to being his old self.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That is awesome guys! I"m glad to know that. And I also dont have to worry about him missing me, I dont "think", cause my husband and the one son are equal care takers ya know? They dont spend hours a day with him like me, but, still.

Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom