high temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Okay so I bought a 40 gallon breeder for buddah. The light that I had in her 20L was not putting out enough heat fot the 40 gallon. I went to the store and bought a 90 watt halogen flood light. Its been above her baking spot (about 13 inches above) for 20 minutes and its already up to 107.3 and still rising. Shes about 4 months old and 9 inches. What the highest basking temp she should have?

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
I generally look for temps to be from 100 degrees at the lowest to 113 at the highest. Somewhere in the middle should be fine. But, you are going to want to take that temperature a couple of times. Lights on, mid day, end of day and you are going to need at least 45 minutes for the temp to get the probe, providing that is what you are using, to get to the right temp.

Ernie

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, i'm using a digi with a probe. Its been about 40 minutes and the temps read 112.6 and its been at that for about 2 minutes. I'm going to take it again atabout 5:00 pm. Thank you.

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Brittany,

No problem. That is on the higher side. Which can be bad if your house temps fluctuate and your on the cooler end of that now with it being winter. If you could raise that up between one and two inches you should be in the clear.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom