High fat, protein

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffsMom

My 11.5 month old beardie, Clifford, seems to have congenital problem (such as a small liver or kidneys - the tests are ongoing) that keeps him from properly acquiring fat and protein properly. Right now he is 15" and 120g. Don't worry though, he is very active and goofy!

I am looking for a feeder that is higher in fat and protein than crickets. Right now I feed him superworms and YOUNG mealworms (I stick the mealworms in the fridge when they hit the right size so that exoskeleton doesn't get too hard) as staples.
I`ve tried hornworms, but he really won`t eat them.
Butterworms, waxworms, etc?

I'd love an opinion from an owner, the pet store really isn't too clear :/

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you give us more info? Like lighting setup in tank?
Temperatures?
How much are you feeding him?
Dusting at all?
Salads?

-Brandon

CliffsMom

Original Poster
His basking light is a 75 watt halogen flood light,the temp being 97 F in the basking area and 83 F in the cooling area. There is also a UVB light centred over the tank.

His interest in salads has dropped somewhat since I started feeding him about 20 supers every other day. I`ve dropped the worms to every 3rd day the last couple of weeks to encourage him to get back to salads. I feed the supers oatmeal mixed with some multivitamin dust and dust them with calcium once a week and dust his salads all the time. Since he stopped eating his salad I`ve given him 0.5mL of liquid calcium once a week as well. I`ve been feeding him butternut squash baby food every day as well to replace that salad. I`m trying to keep his diet as balanced as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom