Hiding/Sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Hey all! Spot's Reptaid arrived about 6 days ago. I am relieved and she has started to eat very healthily. BUT, the one thing that hasn't changed is her sleeping/hiding. I took out her cave and hoped that would help, but now she just burrows underneath the carpet or curls up in any way possible to block the light. Any suggestions on why? She isn't quite a year yet so I don't think it is brumation. I would love insight on this. Thanks.

erin and spot

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The only thing that comes to my mind is what kind of uvb bulb do you have? I know some cause ill effects where the light is bad for them and they don't like it.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
it turns out that I had a powersun from the "bad batch" and am awaiting on my new mvb to arrive. I take her outside as much as possible.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh sorry to hear that! It is most likely the problem, unfortunately. Did you get a refund on the Powersun light? Did you order the Megaray or the T-rex?
Did you turn the Powersun off & just keep another basking light on instead?

Tracie

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This past week, the Powersun has been off. I bought my Powersun 6 months ago and never thought it would be the problem and I am not sure I would get a refund 6 mo later... But her eyes started opening up after I turned it off. I have ordered a T-rex from Petmountain and hopefully it will be here soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom