hiding in cave

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone, it's me again I apologize for always having so many questions but my little boy loves to surprise me every day.

yesterday I placed a new half log in my bearded dragons cool side of the cage, he didn't even care for it. Today I was out all day and came back home around 2 pm to find him sleeping inside the log. I took it out and he immediately woke up and walked towards the front of the enclosure to say hi to me. 30 minutes later I fed him dubia roaches and he went crazy for them and ate 10 of them.

at first, i thought maybe he wants to brumate but then he ate and now he's basking and he's in the middle of a shed.

my questions are, should I keep an eye on him to see if maybe he wants to brumate? or was he just being funny and trying on the new half log? he hasn't been lethargic and hes been eating alright considering he's in the middle of a crazy shed, and his temps are good. the hot spot goes around 95-102 ( today its been 90 degrees outside so his hotside in the higher level got to 106)

xintrovert

Original Poster
Actually, I just checked on him and he was in the cool side of his enclosure even though he just ate. So I’m a little worried that he’s not basking after eating

I did move him to his basking spot and lowered the temps a little because they were reading 106-108 so now he’s basking which I’m happy.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He might have just enjoyed the new hide or may have wanted to sit in cool shade which is fine. I'd just let him do his thing, especially if he's eating well and alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom