Hi there! New dragon owner here!

C.Marchisio

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Norbert
While waiting for his new tank to come in, I went out to get him so food and a new basking spot for him because he has a log that he loves but I didn't think it was enough for basking, he does have a hideaway but rarely uses it so I got him a ramp. He liked it at first and then I saw him laying beneath it on the other plateform. I was worried maybe it was too close to the lamp, so I moved it down a bit more and now he's been staying on it but down the ramp a little. I just caught him all puffed up, I assume stretching? It was his neck and sides. He stopped but now he's puffed out again, and after moving back up the ramp he started gaping .lol maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm soo new too this. His basking lamp is 100 watts. I don't have a measuring tape so no idea how far the plateform is to the light...ugh if anyone can help id greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure how to attach pictures.

C.Marchisio

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Norbert
Figured out how to attach.

Attachments

• IMG20240524160757.jpg
    IMG20240524160757.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 27

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Welcome to the forum :)

As you already guessed, they stretch and puff up when they warm up under the lamp so that's good.
He looks really cute, what is his name and how old is he?

Mine also rarely use a hide but you will want one on one or both back corners of the tank just so they know they could use it if they wanted.

As Karrie suggested you want to meassure the temperature and not the distance. It looks quite close for 100W and 100W is also a lot. You should get ether a temp gun or a digital probe thermometer.
The analog thermometer you have is for meassuring ambient temps on the cool side, it by design can not meassure surface temps.

Judging from the warm color of the light it is an incandescent bulb? If so you'll need (!!!) a second bulb for UVB (tube, no coil) or switch to an all-in-one bulb.
!!!!!That is ultra important!!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom