Hi! My name is Ngarrange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
The lamp is a mini dual fixture with a 100 W bulb and a red heat bulb. I know the red bulb is not suppose to be good for beardies. The temperature seems normal since I got the digital thermometer and gun. Are you in Australia?

Virginiakay

Original Poster
Nope I am in Utah, I use the red heat lamp for Ngarrange. He seems to like it fine. I was told that either the blue or the red are fine, The blue just lets off a brighter light then the red. The red is invisible pretty much. anyways I would take him to the vet. Maybe you just have a lazy beardie lol

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Utah, nice. I've got my aunt & a lot of cousins around the Salt Lake area. I'm thinking that the new UVB hood &a bulb might have something to do with the way Mystic is acting. What type of UVB bulb are you using ? The original one that came with the stater kit is a compact UVB bulb, not the coil one. I think I'm going to start using that again. Maybe the new UVB hood & bulb is too much for him. Hopefully by this evening I will have something figured out.

Virginiakay

Original Poster
My tank didn't come as a kit. I bought it from a friend and added more glass for the highth. The hoods are the "All living things" brand and the day basking bulb is the "Exo Terra" 100 w Intense Basking Spot. The night basking bulb is the "All living things" 100 Watt Infrared spot bulb and the day uvb bulb is the "Exo Terra" 26 w Reptile uvb 150. It is the spiral desert uvb. I have my lights on timers. The day lights turn on at 6 am and shut off when the night bulb turns on at 7 pm.
You have to have the uvb bulb, it replaces the sun as what helps with the calcium metabolism.
Hope that helps.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
83443-3748646085.jpg
Are you going to use those bulbs for your new cage ? Is it almost ready to use yet ? I can't wait to see it when it's done. Is this your first dragon ?

Virginiakay

Original Poster
Yes I will be and there is still a bit left to do. I am still in the process of staining it.
Next week I will get the stuff to make the false bottom and digging box then I will get the backdrop printed and lamented and start on his cave. The following paycheck I should be ready for the glass. then I will be ready to move him.....then comes the next project. Getting the old tank ready for a Mexican red banded tarantula MWAHAHAHAHAHA! anyone with phobias may not want to come to my home lol

Virginiakay

Original Poster
83503-2545484649.jpg
Ngarrange's new cave
Well here they are. I finally finished them. They aren't as good as some I have seen but for my first try I am quite pleased with myself. I simply used a Styrofoam ice chest for the base and then added more Styrofoam on the side for the steps. I used gorilla glue to adhere the Styrofoam together. It was much less expensive then using an epoxy. but a warning to anyone who wishes to use it. A little goes a loooong way, and you need to weigh it down with something because the glue expands and will push the Styrofoam out if it isn't.
83503-2649103482.jpg
Ngarrange's digging box.
The digging box will be filled with 50/50. I am sure he will love that. I took the enclosure in today to get fitted for the front glass panel. Will be picking it up tomorrow. In two weeks I will be getting the lid glass. I am very excited. I cant wait to get it completely done. I think I am going to wait till after the first of the year to get the backdrop done. I need to start thinking about Christmas.
with his old enclosure I am going to set that up for a Mexican red knee Tarantula. Very exciting. If anyone is interested I will post pics of that too.

Virginiakay

Original Poster
Ok boys and girls. The time is almost here. I am almost done Gnarrange's enclosure. It has taken way too long lol. But it is close. When it is done I will post it. I wont be doing the backdrop till the beginning of next year.
Cant wait to have it done. I am sure the Gnarrange feels the same way. He is not a happy camper right now when he is getting almost as big as his enclosure lol

Virginiakay

Original Poster
Well it is finally move in day.
83503-4203619245.jpg
Ngarrange's new home is finally done. You can see him on the lower right hand side of his new enclosure. Now remember he is about 1 1/2 feet long so this really gives you a good perspective on how big this enclosure is.
83503-7986912410.jpg
Here is an up-close look at him.
83503-4320573700.jpg
83503-4114808710.jpg
83503-2648601476.jpg
On top of his new cave taking in some rays.
83503-1878327583.jpg
83503-3845740808.jpg
checking out his new dig box.
83503-7101246794.jpg
oops been spotted watching him.
83503-7174062272.jpg
back to business.
I really hope he is happy. When I get my taxes back I will have this picture blown up and it will be his backdrop.
83503-1673847130.jpg
Please send me your thoughts... what do you think of his new home?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, his home looks great. What are you using in his dig box ? He looks so small in his new home. Is he brumating or hibernating a little ? Mystic seems to be hibernating a lot. I take him out for a bath, he still does not want to eat much. He has been licking chicken baby food and applesauce off my finger when I do get him out. I try as much as I can to get him to eat, I'm not forcing him. Your guy seems to love his dig box.

Virginiakay

Original Poster
Thanks I am pretty proud of it. I just picked up a bag of top soil (no additives or plant food in it) and a bag of play sand then mixed them half and half. I baked it in the oven at 250 degrees for about a half an hour to kill any parasites that might be in it. And he just likes to dig. When I left for church today he had dug himself a little trench and was just peering out. too funny. when I got home he was out of the dirt and looking out the glass. He is now sunning himself under the heat lamp.
And as far as the baby food. Make your own. I talked to my vet and he says even though baby food says it is all natural it has to have some sort of preservatives in it to be able to stay on the shelves so long. I took some bananas and a papaya and cut them up and then pureed them to make a smoothie. Nothing else was added. then using a small ball ice tray, I filled the tray with the smoothie then froze it. I only have one tray so it took a few hours to get them all done. But now I just keep them in the freezer and when I want him to have a treat I just thaw out a ball and give it to him. He just loves it.I would definitely take him to the vet and find out what is going on with him.

Virginiakay

Original Poster
Well its been awhile since I posted. But Ngarrange did something today that I had to post about. I usually use an old bulb box to gather crickets in to give him. Well today instead of shaking them out I thought I would just lay the box on the floor of his enclosure and let him pick them off as they came out. Well he couldn't wait and charged in after them and this is the result lol
83503-9238606016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom