Hi I'm new here & this is my first beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxeddreams

1425555_2612549878538_472652401_n.jpg

Say hello to Loki, I've had him for about 2 weeks now. I originally had him at a friends house with his female for a week while I saved up to buy a tank & lights. I brought him back over today & me and my friend were discussing about him not eating her food & I noticed his female was nodding at us & waving her arms. He taught me how they communicate so I communicated no its not alright & from then on if he tries to eat her food she'll scare or smack him around. :lol:

Also can anyone tell me what kind he is? And we're getting into breeding but I don't understand all this hypo, trans, & etc stuff. I've got a 20g long tank & these are my lights
1604972_2612650321049_2099116510_n.jpg

Welcome :D, and he looks as though he is a leatherback

Do not use the night lamp or the compact uvb, its just bad news. The compact uvb can cause Severe eye damage, and the night lamp looks like they would be good but they are bright to beardies, best thing for nighttime is to pick up a Ceramic light, and 10.0 uvb tube Reptisun not reptiglow.

Boxeddreams

Original Poster
I've been reading up on the compact UVB bulbs & reports say the problem was cheap glass materials & has since been fixed.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Unfortunately the coil/compact are still very bad for beardies. They burn their eyes, cause lethargy and appetite problems. Coil bulbs put out to much uvb at first then not enough in a short period of time. Reptisun 10.0 Tube mounted in the tank with no screen between your beardie and it are the only way to make sure he gets the uvb he needs to thrive.

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
I will agree with the above posters. You should definitely get away from the coil UVB. and you shouldn't use any light for night time heat. You shouldn't need heating at all at night unless your house gets below about 65 degrees. Which i doubt. If this is the case, invest in a CHE (ceramic heat emitter) as this will put off a lot of heat and zero light. You can cause problems to your beardie with his sleep cycles by leaving the light on all night.

Also, you should not get into breeding until you know more about beardies...nothing against you, but if you are as new to beardies as it seems, breeding is doing nothing but continuing the problems with peope not taking care of their dragons properly. Please for the sake of the future beardies and yourself, do your research and spend time with your new beardie for a while (couple years) before you try to jump off into breeding.

- Justin

Boxeddreams

Original Poster
I noticed some eye twitching so I think I will stop using the coil. And I won't be breeding alone so I'll be fine we've done all of the research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom