Hi from Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

halesy73

Hello everyone! Everyone calls me Halesy hence the user name. :D
I used to keep Iguanas a long long time ago in my teenage years and like most people I bought without doing proper research. Of course than the internet and information was not readily available the way it is now. My children wanted lizards for sometime and they finally got to an age where I thought they could be gentle and responsible. So I did some homework on the matter and kept coming back to Bearded Dragons.

I went to a few petstores just to have a look see and the dragons seemed in bad condition. One dragon was shaking which I know is a bad sign of possible calcium deficiency. So I wound up getting the name of a guy who owned a petstore but was also said to be a reputable breeder and the dragons looked very healthy. Last week we brought our two new family members home and we couldn't be happier. Their names? Chester and Rudibaga. :lol: They are very young and growing like weeds with a nice rainbow tint. We do have them together at the moment in a 40 gallon just until their new enclosures are finished.

I hope to learn alot from all of you and share in the joy we've grown for these two and get pictures up soon. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions as well.

The one thing though that I found to be disheartning in our quest to take on reptiles is that it seems there are so many people who just want to make a buck and I did run into a few people with reptiles who seemed to care more about their entertainment value than trying to take proper care of them. I know it sounds sappy but we take our pets very seriously and believe that every creature we take in deserves our very best. Anyway thanks for reading and i look forward to getting to talk with you and sharing in your knowledge.

I'm the same way when it come to animals. I want mine to be strong and healthy. Anyway, those are cool names. I hope they end up living long and healthy lives. By the way, welcome to the site!

Tristin

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi and welcome to the site and the world of beardies. It is great that you did research first.
Post some pics of your new babies when you get a chance. We love to see babies!

halesy73

Original Poster
Kiron500111":10c84 said:
I'm the same way when it come to animals. I want mine to be strong and healthy. Anyway, those are cool names. I hope they end up living long and healthy lives. By the way, welcome to the site!

Tristin

Thanks so much. I look forward to talking with you. :D

halesy73

Original Poster
Jiffy":eff5e said:
Hi and welcome to the site and the world of beardies. It is great that you did research first.
Post some pics of your new babies when you get a chance. We love to see babies!

Thank you bunches. I have a feeling I'll love it here. I should get some pictures this weekend and I'll be sure to post them. :D

thunderbrothers

Juvie Member
Hi, and welcome to the forum...

Where are you in Atlanta? My wife's parents live in Woodstock, her grandmother and uncle live in Marietta, and her sister lives just south of downtown (20 and Park, right by the zoo). I love going down there to visit, just not in the summer - too hot + humid :(

- Eric

halesy73

Original Poster
thunderbrothers":fc3e9 said:
Hi, and welcome to the forum...

Where are you in Atlanta? My wife's parents live in Woodstock, her grandmother and uncle live in Marietta, and her sister lives just south of downtown (20 and Park, right by the zoo). I love going down there to visit, just not in the summer - too hot + humid :(

- Eric

Thank you very much! Woodstaock and Marietta you say? Yeah I have a friend out that way. That would be the north side of Atlanta. We live out on the east side more south towards Mcdonough. I'm not really crazy about it here to be honest but Atlanta is a cool place to visit especially Stone Mountain. I know exactly what you mean about the summers here. The humidity is unreal. I prefer the dry heat myself. :D

Stephies_Leo _Dragon

Juvie Member
Welcome to the forum and the dragon world ! I agree about people who just want their pets for entertainment value. To me its a total responsiblity to take care of that animal and make sure it has a long and healthy life. The entertainment is strictly a bonus ! I haven't had mine long either but I am doing all I can to take care of her and enjoy her. I live in Florida so I know what you mean about the humidity 8) ! Anyway ...... welcome !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom