Hey y'all! I'm new here

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
This is what I’ve done. The new t5 is sitting right next to the other lamp, both pretty much over the basking area at 11-12 inches, depending on what rock he chooses. Comments welcome
Top of screen 8-10 inches for uvb

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
This is what I’ve done. The new t5 is sitting right next to the other lamp, both pretty much over the basking area at 11-12 inches, depending on what rock he chooses. Comments welcome
That looks pretty good, Pogo seems to be enjoying it to!!!
I see a water bottle beside the habitat, is that for misting him?
Just a word of caution on hydration, one of THE WORST AND MOST DANGEROUS myths out there is that they absorb hydration through the skin, it simply isn't true. In order to stay hydrated they have to actually drink the water. Unfortunately most beardies don't understand a water bowl. Some will drink in a bath, most won't. The best way I've found is to use an eyedropper to drip it on their snout. They should start to lap at it and drink that way. If they don't you can add just a little none citrus fruit juice or punch to give it flavor. If you use the juice or punch be sure to use a wet cloth to wipe away any that runs down their chin. The juices on an off chance could cause bacteria or fungus to start in their scales.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Thanks! My problem is getting him to try something besides Kale, mustard greens and Romaine. Not much luck there I’m afraid
They can be crazy stubborn about not eating greens lol. We most all struggle with it. You can try adding bee pollen to them, or black soldier fly larva to try to lure him to the greens (Karrieree's trick 😄)
I think I'm going to try diluting some raw honey with water and sprtizing them and see if that works lol.

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Thanks! My problem is getting him to try something besides Kale, mustard greens and Romaine. Not much luck there I’m afraid
Kale and Mustard Greens are great, if he's eating them well it sounds like you're ahead of the game. Romaine has a lot of water which is good so long as he doesn't overdo it and give himself the runs.

Variety is always better so it's good you're working on introducing other things but at least he choose good food items to be stubborn about ;)

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
Hmmm... maybe show him his favorite food then swap it out at the last second of the green you want

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would get the distance for top of screen 8-10 inches -- I dont know what it is now but that is what I would shoot for

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom