Hey Ya'll! Brand new beardie owner and baby beardie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyMaven

Hey Ya'll!
I am so grateful to have found this site. I am learning so much! Thank you to the creators and moderators! The info has been amazing!

I am a brand new beardie owner. If you told me just a few weeks ago that I would be in love with a lizard, I might not have believed you. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all animals... but me? A reptile owner? Nahhh...

It's a little funny how it happened. My kitty passed away after 17 years together, okay that part isn't funny. But when I came home after having to euthanize him, I had a new lizard friend greet me at my door. He hung around for a few days. I also started to see dragonflies everywhere! I kept googling the spiritual meanings of lizards and dragonflies to see what the message/meaning was. One night I by accident put in both in the search bar and there pulled up Bearded Dragon Lizards. I was instantly fascinated. Did a ton of research. Made an appointment to see a gentleman who had a few without the intention of coming home with one.

Well that all changed when Firefly (that's what I named her) spotted me, ran to the glass where I was and started climbing at it. Apparently up till that point she was the "shy one" of the group. I put my hand in and she jumped on. When I tried to put her back she kept running up my hand! She wanted out of there and to come home with me.

So here I am..... 3 days in with my new BFF. She's totally awesome!

87842-2033917411.jpg

87842-8330379771.jpg

I welcome all beardie owner connections! I'm learning so much and LOVING having a beardie!
Sending love and sending blessings!

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
very cute and great story i got mine almost the same way. my husband and i were in the store getting his dog some food and i walked over by the reptiles just to look (i wasnt planning on getting one i just wanted to see em) and as soon as i squated down to see the bearded dragons my vulcan came running up to the glass.
87675-2352895909.jpg
it was the cutest thing i ever saw

AshleyMaven

Original Poster
Awe!! Vulcan is adorable! I love that he picked you too! Do you have more pictures? How long have you had him? I've only had her 4 days but it's been so fun! :)
Here is one from Firefly's first bath today and then warming up after.... a little too warm ;-)
87842-253830492.jpg
87842-2255478027.jpg

falconut

Congrats on your new babies. Here's ours (Sheldon), he comes home in about 2-1/2 weeks. We weren't going to get anything that day, we were going to wait until after our vacation. My daughter really liked the the leatherbacks, which they only get once a year. And she really liked him. They had layaway, so we got him. He comes home when we get back from vacation. She visits him every few days. They really have great personalities.

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
87675-6086816275.jpg
this is the only other one iIhave on here right now iIhave quite a few on my phone and on fFacebookjust hhaven'tgotten around to pputtingthem on here lol and Ihave had him since the 10th of this month

AshleyMaven

Original Poster
Awe! Sheldon is so adorable and looks so similar to my Firefly! She's a leatherback too! You will adore having Sheldon. I am just 4 days in and it's hard to believe I haven't had a beardie before! She is so wonderful! Congrats on your new friend!

falconut

AshleyMaven":2lbs6z1j said:
Awe! Sheldon is so adorable and looks so similar to my Firefly! She's a leatherback too! You will adore having Sheldon. I am just 4 days in and it's hard to believe I haven't had a beardie before! She is so wonderful! Congrats on your new friend!

Thanks. I'm sure my daughter will enjoy having her.

zippo

Hi everyone, just wanted to congrat you all for having an amazing story to your new beardies! You will love them minus the poop smell!! Thanks for sharing and reminding me of my guys when I had them a year and a half ago?.

I can totally relate! I am relatively a new beardie owner myself! I had gotten my first one a couple months ago! They are absolutely adorable! I cant get enough of mine! I know in the future that I am going to buy more. I have learned so much owning one and looking up every possible thing that she does like a concerned and new mother always does! I have learned from personal mistakes, and those of others. I hope you have an amazing time with your new baby and I wish you the best of luck!

i too am a new beardie owner. my pepper is about a month old ive had her for a few days and i fell in love with the petstore she was trying to climb the glass everytime i put my finger up to the glass i held her and she was so calm and relaxed in my hand. so i think beardies choose us as much as we choose them. but she absolutely loves her new home and owner every morning shes awake waiting for me to wake up to say good morning. its amazing, pepper is my second reptile as i had a bad seperation and my ex wife took the leopard gecko i had and then recently informed me it had died. when i looked at the gecko i realized it had died of malnutrition. i was horrifed and vowed to never let anyone that careless around my pepper she is the cutest lizard ever. PS baby beardies are fast when they want to be and can jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom