Hey! just introducing myself and my lizard :3 (image heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, hello there people!! I am new to this website, I registered yesterday. So, I thought I would introduce myself and my lizard so you can get to know me a bit better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ME:
I am a thirteen year old female who goes by the name of Tyler. I love to draw, read, write, talk, and a lot of other stuff. I am passionate about animals and nature. I am a first time owner of my Centrilian ( nick-name for Central Bearded Dragon ), Or any other reptile for that matter. Before Xia came along I had 3 axolotls, a dog, a couple of goldfish and a siamese fighting fish. Sadly, they have all passed on, and I currently have 2 dogs and my centrilian. I love any shade of blue or green. I'm also planning on getting one or two more centrilians. I live in Australia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MY LIZARD:
I got my baby on the 31st of January 2012, from Pet City. The shop keepers said she was a four month old Central Bearded Dragon. She was the tiniest in the shop, way smaller than the others, really, really, really little.
Name: Xia (pronounced Zee-A)
Length: around 25cm, 9.84 inches, so about 10 inches.
Type of Beardie: Central Bearded Dragon (centrilian)
Diet: Fruit/Veg, live food.
Live Food: I have fed her woodies once, but apart from that only crickets sprinkled in Calstron. I use the calstron to make up for the loss of calcium in her diet. I am currently looking for a variety of live foods for her to try. What do you reccommend for her?
Fruit/Veg: this is a mix of fruit/veg I make for her. I grate it into a pile then put it in the freezer. When I want to feed her, I thaw it out and do it by hand.
Strawberries, bluberries, tomatoes, squash, carrot, bok-choy, corn, celery, apple, and....I think thats the mixture....What else do you reccomend? Is that enough?
Enclosure: At the moment it is an old fishtank, about 4 foot. It has newspaper flooring, a peice of driftwood, a water dish, and a basking rock. She is getting bigger, and when my dad gets his arm out of that sling, he is going to help me build a new enclosure for her, and possibly another two centrilians <3 <3 <3 She also has a UV light, a basking light, a thermometer, and a thermostat.
Temperature: heated end is normally around 37-45 degrees celcius. And the cool end is around 27-30 degrees celcius. At the moment, because winter is here, I have been trying to maintain the heat, which is hard to do. It has been around 27-30 degrees celcius lately. Do you think that this temperature is alright? :\
I think that is about it for info... I will now post some pics!
Her enclosure:
IMG_1310.jpg

Xia when I got her
2012-01-31183841-1.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

2012-02-11102223.jpg

2012-02-11102144.jpg

2012-02-11102210.jpg

2012-01-31183757.jpg

2012-01-31183806.jpg

2012-01-31183841.jpg

2012-01-31183855.jpg

Xia a bit older
2012-02-29165832.jpg

2012-03-17110505.jpg

2012-03-17110510.jpg

2012-03-17110539.jpg

2012-03-17112812.jpg

A bit older than that....
IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

Shedding...
IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

Now :)
IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

I use the water sprayer to measure her, look how big she is!! :D :O
IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

There! done! OMG so many pics xD *facepalm* I hope its not too many...So what do you think? Am I doing it all right? Just a few questions...
1. What live foods do you reccomened for her age?
2. what flooring should I give her for her next enclosure?
3. Any other items I should add to her enclosure?
4. Suggestions for names for another girl and a boy centrilian?
5.Am I doing everything right?
6. Does she look the right size for her age? (9 months)
7. Does she look healthy?

Also, I was just wondering, because I had a few queries, she looks a lot like a pygmy bearded dragon sometimes, she was really small when I got her, but they said she was 4 months....what do you think? does she look like a Pygmy Bearded Dragon? Or a Central Bearded Dragon?
Thank you for putting up with my rambling on, I hope you like her :)

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
Hello and welcome! Thank you for sharing the pics of Xia, she is a cutie :mrgreen:

For foods I used Reptiworms/Pheonix worms. They were so easy to feed to my beardies. Check out http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html they give you a lot of great options of what to feed your beardie.

As for substrate, don't use any type of loose partical substrate like sand or crushed up walnut shells. I use a non-adhesive shelf liner. Just cut it to fit the size of your encloser and then your done! Other options are tile, paper towl, and news paper.

For other items in the encloser try a hammock, my girls love theirs, and put a blanket or stuffed animal in with them. They like to snuggle on soft things.

I wish I could help you with names but that's a tough one there, lol. Pick one that goes with your hobbies or interests! P.S. - if you get another beardie make sure that you do NOT house them together. Beardies are happy living alone.

Your beardie looks healthy and happy. That's the important thing here. Just remember that beardies grow at different rates to it's hard to compare them to others at that age. As long as your beardie is eating and pooping like normal that is always a good sign.

Please keep us updated with more pics! :blob8: :blob5:

Cocopops248

Original Poster
Thanks for replying :D I will definitely use the information given. And yesh, Xia is a cutie ^3^ she snuggled up with me on the couch when I was watching Jurassic park yesterday xD

Cocopops248

Original Poster
The glass aquarium....I cant remember how much it was, but Im pretty sure it was about $150?.....and I got it from Pet City in QLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom