Hey guys,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursa Arctos

Hey everyone,

My name is Aja and I am a senior in college studying Illustration and graphic design.

Around 3 years ago, I got my very first Beardie.

His name was Maverick, and he was truly an amazing lizard. Anyone who says reptiles don't have personalities have not spent much time with a bearded dragon. I raised him from a tiny, parasite ridden wimp into a gorgeous and personably dragon. Horrifically, Maverick was stolen from me at about the age of 2 years. I had built a 10 foot by 5 foot fully enclosed outdoor enclosure for him to live in during the days of the summer (we would put him in at 9am and take him back in at 6pm as it would average 105 each day), and one day when I came to visit him around 1 in the afternoon, I found that someone had unhinged his enclosure, ripped apart his cage (the rocks and branches were all overturned, probably in someones hurry to steal him) and he was no where to be found. This happened in June.

I was completely devastated. He was my only and most beloved pet. After this happened I had no desire to get another bearded dragon.

Well, it is now November, and my mind has changed! Things are starting to look a little more permanant here, and I have 2 jobs so i'll have a little extra money that I can splurge on a new beardie. I had at first considered getting a snake, or a uromastyx, but I kept coming back to the dragon.

Since there are no bearded dragon breeders around here and I refuse to buy from a petstore, I purchased a dragon from georgia bearded dragons. I will be recieving a male 7 month old "Georgia Peach" hypo pastel with clear nails on November 28th at 10:30 am. I am ridiculously excited, and am trying to make sure that I have everything right for my new arrival, so any tips or tricks would be great! His name will be Huxley.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and thanks if you read this super long post! For your viewing pleasure- this is my favorite pic of my beloved dragon Maverick- at about age 7 months, riding my old roommates turtile Paca.

Fall2005067.jpg

shadi11

BD.org Addict
Thats such a sad story. Welcome to the forum though. and its good to hear you finally decided to get another :D

crissytr

That is the cutest picture I have ever seen. I am excited for you. Make sure and give us pics ASAP. We love Pictures, the more the better. :lol:

bdragon

Juvie Member
Maverick would be PROUD !! Have you come up with a name ? Please let us know how it's going...My heart goes out to you about Maverick...I have a feeling that your new beardie will be ever more dear to your heart because of the loss....You MUST post pics as soon as he arrives !!! lol
Luci :)

valcash

Sub-Adult Member
Very cute pic. Sorry for your loss. Congrats on the new BD, please do share pix of the new addition :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom