Hey guys! New beardie owner! Updated 6-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

First off, just wanted to say that having just got my little beardie about a week ago, I've been to these boards each day reading over everything and I wanted to say thanks for all the advice I've gotten from your posts. My girlfriend and I got a lil tike (about 5 inches including tail) like I said, about a week ago. He's (we flipped a coin to determine his gender hehe) orange and when we got him he unfortunately had what looked like tail rot on the very tip of his tail. We've been giving him baths almost every day and put some ointment stuff on his tail and he's doing much better it seems! He also had his first little bit of banana and a meal worm! I can't wait for him to grow up and be more social (he's getting used to the environment, doesn't like to be picked up much).

Well, just figured I should say hello. Hope to talk to you all more!

-Dusty

NoUse4AName68

Original Poster
photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
What a cutie, he has really nice colors and will spectacular when he gets older. Sorry about the tail rot :( what are you using to treat it with? I dont know much about what is best to use, but im sure someone will post that! (hint hint)
Just make sure if it looks like its spreading up get him to the vet asap.
Welcome!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Hi and what a beautiful baby!
If you don't mind I have a couple of suggestions when it comes to feeding.
We don't typically recommend meal worms because the hard shell is very hard to digest for babies. Good choices are hornworms, silkworms, butterworms, phoenix worms, and when he is 16", superworms. You will have to closely monitor the size on all of the worms and don't feed anything much bigger than the space between his eyes. Also, bananas are not great for dragons. Here is the bible when it comes to fresh fruits and veggies to feed. http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
It is possible that the tail rot isn't actually rot, but a tail nip where he was bitten by a sibling. They are very common. If the black part does spread, you need to get him to the vet ASAP as infections can enter the bloodstream and cause serious problems.
Hope this helps and we can't wait to see new pictures as he grows!
Sara

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Hi and a big welcome. I got my girl rexie when she was six months old, and shes now 11 months. I am still very much new to being a beardie mum. But you will find soooo much help and advice and fun on this site!

Your wee (maybe man lol) is so handsome, his colours are class, congrats he going to be class when he's full grown.

Toni

NoUse4AName68

Original Poster
Hey guys! Update time!!

We've had this little guy for about 3 weeks now. I'm happy to say that he is eating much more regularly. We took him on trip across state (we had no one to leave him with) which didn't stress him out at all, which made me happy! Also, while we were on vacation, we got him a nice tiling/reptile carpet setup for his cage and got him a proper UVB/UVA heating bulb and a digital thermometer. He has gotten so active which is great to see, but he still doesn't like me getting near him :( My girlfriend can hold him without any troubles but when I get him in my hand he tries to jump off. I took him to a veterinarians office who had an exotics expert who gave my little guy a once over. Turns out the black spot on his tail is a nip and may or may not grow back but isn't doing any harm. Also, we switched him from the pinhead crickets to the medium sized ones tonight, so we'll see how he takes them. I'm hoping he'll get to growing because he's still pretty small. I'll post some pictures soon!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Just make sure the crickets are no bigger then the size between his eyes!! And I'm glad your little bugger is ok!!!!

Lance

NoUse4AName68

Original Poster
Here are the photos I promised!

He sleeps like this like half the time, so funny!

iPhoneUpload-7.jpg

Here's a shot of his little home...

iPhoneUpload-6.jpg

Relaxing by his dish...

iPhoneUpload-2.jpg

I think he's a little bigger..

iPhoneUpload-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseSkull
Top Bottom