Hey guys iam new here (PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
her name is lyla.....it was given to me by a friend, was told she inst no more then 6 months old....anybody know what kind of dragon she is by the pics i posted iam getting different answers everywhere i go....as for the setup he had sand in it! :banghead:
so i cleaned it all out and put down paper towel for the time being. I will setup the tank this weekend...going to be using carpet and some nice plants and stuff...well here she is tell me what u guys think....does she look healthy etc....

2je1ytk.jpg

2jbtes4.jpg

25z3yqd.jpg

RowenJade

Juvie Member
She's beautiful!! Kudos for getting her off sand...she may be a bit small for 6 months but she does look very healthy. Gorgeous colors too! Congrats and welcome :)

TonysDragons

Original Poster
i do have what he gave me...here is a list please comment on if i should stick with it or go a different route
1.fluckers High Calcium Cricket diet
2.fluckers Buffet Blend (blend of crickets mealworsm and pellets
3.Fluckers Medley Treat Blend of crickets grasshopers and mealworms mixed with pellets...
here is a pick of everything that came with her.

33b0s8y.jpg

What got me a little upset is that i dont see any greens or vegetables in her diet.....how should i proceed with getting her to try the veggies.

like i said any advice is good advice and ill take full advantage of it...

thanx
tony

RowenJade

Juvie Member
TonysDragons":13nyfpx1 said:
i do have what he gave me...here is a list please comment on if i should stick with it or go a different route
1.fluckers High Calcium Cricket diet - this is only a drink for crickets I believe they still need some kind of food. Mine eat these same crystals and a chow I made of kitten food, powdered milk, uncooked beans (for protein), wheat bran, and dragon pellets.
2.fluckers Buffet Blend (blend of crickets mealworsm and pellets) -These I would not reccomend. The mealworms even alive are a no no. They have a hard shell that is hard to digest and are not very good for nutrition. The crickets are also probably very hard and cannot be gutloaded with calcuim drink or cricket chow. Who knows what they were being fed when they were freeze dried and they may not have any nutritional content either. The pellets some dragons will eat and are a good addition to supplement their salads with daily, but should not be used as anything more than that.
3.Fluckers Medley Treat Blend of crickets grasshopers and mealworms mixed with pellets... same as above, freeze dried insects aren't that great.
here is a pick of everything that came with her.

33b0s8y.jpg

What got me a little upset is that i dont see any greens or vegetables in her diet.....how should i proceed with getting her to try the veggies. you can get her to try the veggies by feeding them first to your crickets. What I do is provide fresh collard greens or carrots to the crickets every day. Eventually the beardie will become accustomed to the taste and will be more likely to eat them in the bowl. Make sure they are offered every day, in a location where they can be seen from the basking spot. You can mist the greens and some people put calcium on them, but mine will not touch them with that on it. It's not really that big a deal till they get older and salads are their 80% of their diet. You can also try handfeeding by wiggling a piece of collards or a piece of shredded carrot etc in front of their nose enticing them to eat it. Here's a list of nutritious veggies and bugs you can feed your dragon. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutritionframeset.html

like i said any advice is good advice and ill take full advantage of it...

Hope this helps :)

TonysDragons

Original Poster
wow thanx for the quick response u guys...thanx alot rowenjade for that awesome website about the veggies and stuff....looks like iam heading over to the supermarket tomorrow.

thanx
tony :D

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Ilya is beautiful :) Congrats on becoming a beardie owner (slave). Read through the care sheets on this site and see if your set up matches that. Good plan on getting her off sand. The other most critical things are to get a good UVB light - most on here recommend Reptisun 10-0, and measure her basking spot with a digital temperature guage - get basking temps in the 110 F range for one that is still that small.
I'd definitely recommend switching her to live insect feeders.. she will do MUCh better on this. From what I can tell based on your earlier post is that all she has is dried insects and pellets ? If I misread sorry :) Just make sure the insects are smaller than the width between her eyes. As for the greens - definitely gut load your feeders with "good stuff", but go ahead and offer some greens in a bowl for Ilya. She/He may or may not go for it, but a lot of them will just eat them with relatively no problems... others are horribly stubborn. A lot of people offer salad first thing in the morning when they are hungry and then get some crickets/ or other insects later in the day. If you do feed the pellets make sure you are soaking them in water first though. But a pelleted diet is not nutritionally complete for these guys.
Congrats on your new baby ! Let us know how she is doing and we love pictures !!! :mrgreen:

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Aww! :D How adorable! That first picture I'm not sure I'll have to get a better look at but I think she's about to start a shed ;)

Keep us posted!! We LOVE pictures :mrgreen:

RowenJade

Juvie Member
I took another look at the first pics and unless the light is really different she's probably going to start shedding soon. Take pictures of the aspolosion :D

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
You can put worms in the salad, they make the the salad move which will make it more interesting. If she goes for a worm and misses she will end up with a mouth full of salad. Every dragon I've ever been enslaved too likes curly mustard greens. Thats a staple at my house!

TonysDragons

Original Poster
TwistedCrayon":vfgysz41 said:
You can put worms in the salad, they make the the salad move which will make it more interesting. If she goes for a worm and misses she will end up with a mouth full of salad. Every dragon I've ever been enslaved too likes curly mustard greens. Thats a staple at my house!

tryed that looks like she has a homing beacon going straight to the worms :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom