Hey everyone! (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Everyone! My name is Tammy and I got my first beardie on Feb. 29th.. he was only a baby, i'm guessing a few weeks old? He was really small. The lady at the pet shop (Gittler's) said they normally don't sell them when their that small but she'd let me have him.. there was 3 all together but he seemed to be the more active one. We brought him home and placed him in his tank (bought a reptile terrarium from a different pet store earlier.. Petco). he seemed ok.. he ate a few small crickets right away and explored his new home before climbing onto his log..thing and relaxing. I couldn't figure out a good name for him so I was just gonna call him Draco, but then my son (7yrs) came home from school and seen him and said he looked like a Jango Fett.. so that was his name.. later my son said I was only allowed to call him Jango because he wasn't a Star Wars character..LOL. At first he would run when I'd get into his home to put his greens and water in or take out.. but within a few days he was fine with it.. and he even started letting me hold him for short periods of time, he must of liked it though because he would stand against the glass and look out, run back and forth wanting out after awhile. He's a good eater when it comes to crickets.. he eats his greens pretty good as well.. it differs from day to day.. I guess it depends on his mood and what he feels like eating... He doesn't care for baths wich I give him atleast once a week when I clean his terrarium out (I do keep an eye on him while he's in the bath). He loves looking out the window and really loves when it's warm out and I can open the windows up and he can feel the warm breeze and lay in the sun. I don't let him run around the house though.. I'm too afraid he'd get lost behind something but I do let him crawl on me. He's about 10 inches from nose to tail tip now..I'm guess about 2 or 3 months old? The lady at the pet store where we got him didn't know much about him, they didn't even know what kind he is, so i'm not sure..I'm guess probably a normal dragon? We have all the heat lamps..etc for him.. they did tell me not to put a heating rock in his tank because of them malfunctioning and possibly harming my dragon so we have a heating pad under his tank..a green reptile carpet in the bottom 2 digital therms..one on each side of the terrarium and a humidy gauge in the middle. Sorry this is so long.. Here are some pictures.. hope they work..

This is Jango when we first brought him home.. 2/29/12
034.jpg

getting ready for bed (the heating pad is under where he's laying) this is where he slept the first few nights..
008.jpg

wanting out a few days after we got him..
027.jpg

034-1.jpg

loves it in his "tree"..
041.jpg

loves looking out the window..
017.jpg

looking at the fishes..
029.jpg

his terrarium..
039.jpg

baskin' in the sun.. 4/4/12
041-1.jpg

lookin' out the window with my son..,
001-1.jpg

enjoying the warm sun.. I had the windows open..
008-1.jpg

011.jpg

Last one.. for now.. :) Jango fell asleep on his temp. wire 4/23/12
016-1.jpg

Sorry for so many.. wanted to catch ya'll up on Jango

Amy2

Hatchling Member
Jango is so cute! I love the name. Have you measured him to see how long he is? I have a baby, we haven't named him yet, but he is supposed to be about 2 months old, he is 5 1/2" long. I love seeing all of the pictures, thanks for sharing!
Amy

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I measured him a few days ago.. he was around 10 inches long from nose to tail tip.. so mabie he's older than I thought?

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks.. Jango loves looking at the fish. We have 3 gold fish and a bottom feeder along with a few snails in there,.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I did a then and now picture type thing.. showing how big he's gotten since we got him..
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
Awww ahah jango is actually the name of one of my dogs.! :lol: I got it off of a book title I had read as a child.! But your baby is adorable :) Its amazing how quick they grow

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey all..me again :)

First off I want to say how I enjoy reading about everyone's beardies and looking at their pics.. they are all so adorable!!! Sorry I don't have time to reply to everyone's posts, but I try to get on here as much as possible to check on things and see how everyone's doing. Jango's doing good.. I use to get him out and just take him to the window to look out or hold him for bonding time.. but the last few days I've let him run around on our couch and he just loves it and most times he comes running back to me instead of running off. Yesterday I took him into my son's bedroom and he wanted to run around on his dresser, I measured him and.. he climbed up onto his portable CD player and sat ontop of it and watched my son play his video games.. so adorable!! He measured between 4 and 4 1/2 inches from nose to vent.. his tail measured about another 6 inches.. what a long tail! My hubby was gonna make him a Viv, but now wants to just buy him a new tank.. is a 40 gal. breeder tank big enough for them as they get bigger.. or should I go with a 55 gal. fish tank? Do the 40 gal. breeder tanks have the lids to go ontop? He says he never seen one with a top on it before so he wasn't sure if they make them like that.. so I thought i'd just ask since I seen posts concerning them on here.

Here are a few more pics..

Sleepy Time:
011-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

Love his coloring!:
007-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

On my son's portable CD player watching him play video games:
015-2.jpg

In the tape measure playing:
020-2.jpg

Sorry for all the pics.. I just love sharing my baby with everyone :)

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey.. I'm not sure what kind of beardie he is.. I asked at the pet store where I bought him and they said they don't know until they get bigger :? so for now I'm just guessing he's a normal beardie..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom