Het for Leatherback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to beardies, just got my first last week actually! One of her parents is a leatherback, does this make her Het for Leatherback? I'm really trying to grasp everything that has to do with beardies, especially genetics. This is my new hobby and love, I would appreciate it if someone could answer this for me!

Thanks!

UnaidedSoul

Original Poster
Okay, so If I want to see any Leatherback babies, I would have to have a male who is also Het for Leatherback or is a Leatherback himself?

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
yes. u can evin mate it with a regular n i mite get sum leathers and het for leathers. if u mate it with anothe het for leather or full leather, u may get a reduced scale, a leatherback, or if ur lucky, u may get sum silkbacks.

UnaidedSoul

Original Poster
Alright that's cool, my beardie is a Hypo/Trans/Tiger/ and she is Het for leatherback I guess then. I am thinking of breeding her down the road with the dragon I bought my girlfriend which is a Hypo, double Het for Tiger, and Het for Trans. So I am thinking right now these are going to be some wicked looking babies, hopefully!
(Though, this is far down the road from now, but I'm planning and preparing for this now and not later.)

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
im not saying they r siblings, im saying ur dragon has leatherback siblings, meaning he has the genes he just doesnt show it.

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
most likely, if his pops was a leather, he must have had leatherback brothers or sisters. thats what im trying to say.

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
i kno its a long shot, but keep me in mind when u do breed them. i would love a baby leatherback. i want it as a baby though, thats y ive never had one. i want to raise it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom