Hermes gets some Awards: Pet Show results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would post them here in case my original post gets buried (I cant post pics tonight as i am not at the right computer and still have to upload them to the computer.
ANyway for those wanting the results that have not seen my original post:
Aug 08, 2009 7:50 pm

I will post pics either Sunday night or Monday morning . Hermes did great! But anyway, he didnt win anything for the pancake costume ( He will wear the pancake costume for part of Halloween anyway.
HOWEVER, he did win 2 other places :D . He won 2nd place for "most exotic pet" (a madagascar hissing cockroach took first).
He tied for 6th place with a chicken (yes a chicken) for "smallest pet". He also showed off his colors for most colorful but he didn't win anything on that one.
The judge was definitely partial to the chickens and we didn't agree with some of her decisions (We think some other animals should have won in some categories--not just Hermes, a guppy beat a tiny snail-pencil point size)in tiniest pet category)
He did have one issue and when we were wandering around he did get TOO hot in his carrier--gaping and all! So we went to a cool tent. Later, we took turns carrying him while he had his leash on (hates it and balloons up when you put it on, so when he decides he had enough, he will squirm out of it )
He was the center of attention while he was on us and he loved it all--colorful and all BUT don't take a lizard into a tentful of chickens--thats when he decided to get out of his leash -they were too noisy for him Someone else had a bd for 8 yrs so was thrilled to see Hermes
we left about 12:20 and he didnt get home until 4:30--we walked around the 4H fair after the PEt show since he was doing so well. One guy was asking a lot of questions about him as he has been wanting to get one for his 11 yr old son. We told him all the stuff you guys have told us and even told him to send his wife to this site for more questions or email and call us. Even gave him Tom's name

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
where are the pics of Hermes gobbling up that hisser right as the judge is about to declare the winner? :twisted:

"And the winner of this year's Most Exotic Pet catagory is...."

*nom nom nom*

"erm..... Hermes! Let's have a round of applause for this beautiful.... and hungry... beardie!"

Freddiemom

Juvie Member
Yah!! From one 4h'er to another. Next year we might put our Fredster thru the pet show. Our fair is teeny-a beardie would be definately be interesting to bring! We're just glad fair week is over. Very tiring. We showed our horse & my kid is in drill team, too. Hermes should have eaten the bug-or at least scared it!!

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
I'm afraid we may need to give our Hermes' middle names or last name initials or something :wink: Our Hermes can be Hermes H? Oh my that doesn't sound very dignified... let's ponder this for a bit...

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well ourlast name starts with a W and my hermes is actually a girl officially :)
And our Hermes just turned 9 months old

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
OK and I'm just talking subjects here.... don't feel we can call 'em 'Big Herm' n 'Little Herm' cuz yours is bigger I'm guessing... do we do Hermes H and Hermes W? Do we go #1 and #2? Or do we just let them both be Hermes and figure their fans know which is which? :wink:

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I say just let them be Hermes and the fans will know who is who. I have bee on hre since the 2nd week of January 2009 and most know my hermes well

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Ok it's the Hermes and Hermes show! :wink: I think my Hermes is a bit jealous he hasn't been in a pet show. Actually I'm 100% positive he's jealous that he doesn't get to go outside. He's just so dang fast and he's so jumpy! I'm thinking of trying to leash him in the next few days. But that dude gets SO upset and big black beard when I don't let him do what he wants, I'm thinking he's not gonna take well to getting the leash on. But if I can do it and he gets to walk outside I know it will all be worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom