Here is my first. Comments Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Removing the water dish could help with humidity since most beardies don't drink from it. What are you using to measure the humidity? Gauges or a probe?

Dwade1986

Original Poster
I have a water dish in the tank but I do not keep water in it, I just give him a bath everyday. Also I am using a probe for both temps. In the last pic it shows the one that measures humidity as well as temp on the back wall and you can see the basking probe in the driftwood at the highest point. Mushu likes to stay high on ether point which is either under the UVB or the basking light. Also the probes are about 10" apart and the reading on the back is right now 84 degrees at 44% and the basking is 103.6 degrees but we just turned them on about 20 min ago. I do not have a temp probe at the cool end yet I am going to get another one. It seems that the humidity rises at the cool end, but what I am reading is that it really doesn't matter as long as the hot end is right. I do not mist however his fresh Veggies are damp and they are in the cool end.

Dwade1986

Original Poster
Well here is the update. The temps are right now 109 basking spot, 84 in the back, and 39% humidity. I think I am good as long as I can keep it there. Also I made a homemade hammock by hand, and it turned out pretty good I think. Also what basking temp at the probe on the spot is actually too hot. When I put the hammock in I had to move the log that he basks on and the temp went to 117.7. I since moved it and now the temp is staying at 109.6.

The new Hammock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom