Her tail is almost half black!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmc3213

I have a 10inch bearded dragon. her is the basic setup: 60 galon tank, temp gradient 78-107, ecocarpet for substrate, zoomed powersun, foodbowl with collard greens and carrots, clean water dish everymorning, 2 log things under UV. I feed her crickets with 5times a week calcium and 2 times vitamins. First worry I have is her poop. Lately is has been very liquidy and some orange stuff has been it. But, tell me if I am wrong, she has just started regulary eating her veggies. The orange looks like undigested carrots. Could that be the cause of her poop issue? now my main concern is her tail. I had herout this morning and she was fine, ate a ton of crickets, and ran around like a crazy girl as always. But a little while after I put her away I came in to see her pacing the cage wanting out again. And when I picked her up I noticed that half her tail was really dark! Its a little less dark now after she has been running around. But I am still really worried. She has been jumping off of things and climbing things like a crazy girl. I have been doing my best to make sure she doesnt get hurt, but sometimes there is no stopping her! Could she of gotten hurt by that?? Please help me!! thank you!!

Here are some pics of her:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/elmohead/DSC06382.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/elmohead/DSC06389.jpg

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
maybe an incoming shed? who knows, it doesnt look like anything serious, especially if her other behaviors are fine. as for the poop, no idea, have there been any kind of changes to the diet?

cmc3213

Original Poster
no diet changes, just finally eating her veggies. She also just shedded everything about a week ago, so I dont think its that. It just was kinda weird looking and it makes me worried! Hope youre right that its nothing seious :)

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
well it doesn't look "dark" just grey, i wouldnt worry about it as long as everything else is ok. my beardie is undergoing fungus treatment for her leg right now, and her tail turns half black when shes real pissed or when we are putting the creme on her leg. she hates it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does look like an upcoming shed. Are you bathing her? If she has not fallen from a far distance then she probably has not injured herself. She sure is a cutie pie too!

Tracie

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Nice looking dragon.. :wink:
Honestly to me the tail looks completely normal.
With my orange dragons, when ever their colors are not at their brightest their tails have a darkened appearance such as this.

My baby bearded dragon is doing that too. Very weird. But he's been eating fine and pooping daily so. I don't think its a big deal

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
Mojo's tail was exactly like that the first 5 weeks I had her, so I think its normal, I would notice it go lighter when she was happy and running around. I read they can darken or lighten to reflect mood and they can do just parts or all of their skin :)

cmc3213

Original Poster
Thanks guys! :) I'm new at this so I had no idea haha her tail does get lighter when she is happy and running around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom