help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvsmybeardies

Original Poster
I can get some baby food. The round one is soon to be gone. Yes she has a log. I can move her up on it what about changing the bulbs around? should I move the 50 and 75? Its 36 inches long. she is on the log now

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
Please male the temp corrections as it is way too hot.Temps that high can do damage especially with an ill beardie and definately get the uvb down closer to hear.You said you turned on her lights to force her out of brumation?Did you force her into brumation or did she go in on her own?I would try to get her to a vet if possible she may need IV fluid.Did she lose weight while brumating?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm wondering too, did you force her into brumation or did she go on her own? Had all the lights been off the whole 2 months or more? Is she housed alone?

luvsmybeardies

Original Poster
ok the gun has new batteries, the round thermometer is in the trash, and it is 108 in the basking area and 83 in the cool end. She went in on her own at the same time she always does and has been in a bout a week longer than normal. I turned the lights on yesterday a.m. as she is usually up by now. there has been no weight loss, she looks the same. As stated in prior posts she always goes on her own. the uvb and 50 watt were on, 50 in middle. Have I been told wrong there too

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok, that's good that they are housed separately, I originally thought you were bringing her out of brumation to breed her, my mistake.

So, did you just make some adjustments to get those temps that you just posted or was the temp gun not working right with the old batteries? When she was brumating, you had a 50 watt basking bulb in the middle of the tank and the UVB turned on or did you just turn them all on yesterday?

luvsmybeardies

Original Poster
The 50 watt was on and the uvb. I did this so she wouldn't get too cold and I read somewhere when I got her 7 years ago that they still need heat and light when in burmentatin as most the world gets colder than what they would have in nature. I turned on the basking light yesterday. I changed the batteries. My husband said he thinks due to her age she maybe dying,

luvsmybeardies

Original Poster
The 50 watt was on and the uvb. I did this so she wouldn't get too cold and I read somewhere when I got her 7 years ago that they still need heat and light when in burmentatin as most the world gets colder than what they would have in nature. I turned on the basking light yesterday. I changed the batteries. My husband said he thinks due to her age she maybe dying, :cry: Would plain applesauce be ok to try to feed her I can't get any baby food right now. Its unsweeted and no cinnamon

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Applesauce would be fine if its sugar free and as for her age yes she is older but this is not old age that your describing she is ill but being as she has been in brumation its going to be hard to tell whats causing it right now without getting her to a vet.Can you take her to a vet?Does she have any mucous around her mouth,nose,etc.Is her breathing labored or just shallow?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, you could feed her a little applesauce with a small pinch of calcium mixed in. Add a little water to thin it a little and heat up in the microwave to take the chill off. You can use a plastic medicine dropper and put drops on her nose that she will hopefully lick off.

Beardies in captivity can live to be 12 yrs or even older, so it can't be decided that she is dying. A vet visit would be a good idea, she may need a calcium injection, fluids or even a B12 injection. Do you have a herb vet near you?

luvsmybeardies

Original Poster
The closest herp vet is 3 hours and we can't get in til tuesday. her breathing is actually much better now, appears normal compared to 3 hours ago when it was 2 breaths per minute. There is no mucos anywhere. Is it possible that she isn't completely out yet and I am freaking out because she isn't acting like she always has?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, the fact that she is very dark in color, dehydrated and was lethargic every time you bathed her, are all concerns. She should have perked up a little in the water. Have you tried feeding her any crickets or other live food to see if she is interested? Another concern is that the UVB has been 18" from her all this time and that could affect her total health.

Were you able to move the UVB at the right distance? Are you still using the 75 and 50 watt bulbs?

What was she eating when she wasn't brumating and how often were you using calcium and vitamin supplements?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
It is possible that she isnt totally out of it but more likely that she is severely dehydrated.I would get her in to the vet when you can but in the meantime daily baths and babyfood slurries are important as well as making sure you get her in better range to the uvb.

Sorry Diamc we posted at the same time.

luvsmybeardies

Original Poster
yes i moved the log around and we adjusted the lights the best we could. all her lights are still on, does the uvb need to be 36 inches or shorter? I will put her in the tub again before I go to bed maybe that will help. I will put some cricks in with her in a few mminutes too

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's ok vickson.

I would suggest you do give her the sugar free applesauce like was explained and then tomorrow get some chicken or turkey babyfood and a vegetable babyfood like squash, green beans or mixed vegetables. Put a small amt of the meat in with a larger portion of the veggie type and dilute with a little water or Pedialyte. Be sure to give frequent baths and can even offer drinks of diluted Pedialyte or water by plastic medicine dropper on her nose for her to lick off. A vet visit on Tues would be a good idea.

That's good that you moved the bulbs and log a little. Another bath tonight would be a good idea. If she doesn't eat the crickets, be sure to remove any uneaten ones otherwise they will on her when she is sleeping causing nasty sores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom