Help!

paisley2022

Hi! I just got my new beardie. I woke up in the middle of the night and his cage was too warm, so I turned off his heat emitter to hopefully cool it down some. The temperature is better now for it being night time, but the humidity is too high now. Any advice?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He should be just fine. Exactly how warm did the tank get? You most likely don't need any
extra overnight heating right now, if you are in the US which is summer.
It is pretty common for the humidity to raise overnight, since it tends to be a bit cooler. So, that
is normal unless it stays too high all of the time.
What is the humidity on average?

Tracie

paisley2022

Original Poster
The tank was at about 90 so I shut the heater off since that would be too hot at night. The temperature dropped to about 72 which I thought was much better for night time. The humidity right now is 58%, during the day time it was running normal though. Just a little worried that that is too high of a humidity.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
At 58% your ok, just keep an eye on it.
If you need a little extra heat at night you can get a heating pad and stick it on and can use a thermostat to control it. They have a peel and stick side.
Don't put it under the tank, stick it to the back or the end. Also get the appropriate size for your tank. Your beardie will move to the gradient where he is comfortable.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I have to run my CHE during the day along with the basking bulb. My temps varies between 90-103. At night I cut the CHE off to drop my temps to nighttime temp of 75-80 if that heLps

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom