Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

delgc24

Original Poster
I sure will. I tried to offer him watter again but this time I kept insisting and kept putting the syringe in his mouth and pushing in water slowly he must of gotten a little bit of water in him. Hopefully he gets better soon.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
He's definitely in better shape than some of the dragons I've had - that's always a good start.
If you haven't already, a shallow, warm bath for 20 minutes would certainly help. Keep a very close eye to make sure he doesn't nod off - you don't want him breathing in water.

If you can get hold of it (your vet certainly can), Oxbow small herbivore mix is a miracle-worker. It's full of nutrients, low in protein, it mixes well with calcium and goes through a wide bore baby medicine syringe with ease - blib it on the top lip scale, and run the tip of the syringe under the lip to trigger licking, then continue supplying to the top lip. A couple of 3-to-5ml feeds a day will soon have him in good shape. Don't worry if he doesn't eat all of the portion - little and often works well, especially combined with plenty of time under the basking lamp.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh no. I'm sorry to hear this =(. I know you did the best you could and thank you so much for trying. You made a difference in his life by giving him your best effort and I'm sure he appreciated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom