Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4chaos

Hatchling Member
Hey all,
I would like a bigger home for Miles.
He's currently in a 20 long. This is short term of course.
I am legally blind and building enclosures is not my strongest point. That wasn't supposed to sound pathetic. I am simply saying that building such enclosures require precision. You need your eyes for that. >_<;;
Is there anyone out there who may be willing to help me out with building advice/anyone out there who builds these enclosures who's willing to possibly sell me one?
Thanks.
- Sarah & Miles

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Honestly you might be able to do it on your own. Obviously I dont know the full extent of your eye site, but I know I had all of my wood cut at Lowes (for free when I bought the wood there) in the exact dimensions I needed. Then all I had to do was screw the ends together to make a box, slip the back in and screw that in, and put in the tracks. You might be able to find someone in your area to help you, but you might want to give it a try before spending the extra expensive as the cage itself can get pretty pricey to build. I'm not what someone would call a "handy women" but I built Pablos tank all buy myself. I did pay a friend of mine to do the tile inside, but I also could have done that except I wanted specific cuts and I didnt have a wet saw to cut the slate.

triumphtt

Juvie Member
I agree with B, She's right you don't need to be to handy to do this stuff. Again we don't know how bad your eye really are but I'm sure you have friends that wouldn't mind lending a hand. Ones my friends heard what I was building they all wanted to see it and help. Which makes it more motivating to get done and is just fun to do with friends. Seriously who can't help you measure and use a screw gun. My 4 year old even helped me (not with anything sharp obviously). Have fun can't wait to see pictures

jkeeney1

c4chaos":1gj55bw7 said:
Hey all,
I would like a bigger home for Miles.
He's currently in a 20 long. This is short term of course.
I am legally blind and building enclosures is not my strongest point. That wasn't supposed to sound pathetic. I am simply saying that building such enclosures require precision. You need your eyes for that. >_<;;
Is there anyone out there who may be willing to help me out with building advice/anyone out there who builds these enclosures who's willing to possibly sell me one?
Thanks.
- Sarah & Miles

I built mine out of an entertainment center so no need to cutting and assembling the wood. let me know if u need more info.

c4chaos

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That is really cool.
Where did you get your entertainment center? How much did it cost you?
Do you have pictures?

jkeeney1

c4chaos":1klorcd8 said:
That is really cool.
Where did you get your entertainment center? How much did it cost you?
Do you have pictures?

I got it off craigslist for $25. This is how it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom