HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my beardie "Mojito" 2 days ago.. so im not quite sure of the changes in her body yet.. however.. i noticed at night times she gets lighter in color.. which is expected.. however.. her stomach sucks in... ALOT.. and thats really scaring me.. i tried feeding him veggies.. i bought him from a breeder and the breeder said he grew them up on veggies so it was ok to give him.. i tried feeding her crickets.. she only eats a very few amount of them.. i spray her with water.. keep the heat at the right temp... i have a UVA/UVB light.. no sand.. no dirt.. im pretty sure im doing everything correctly.. can some help and juss let me know that her stomach being sucked in that much is normal?? she is only 6 weeks old..

thank you so much

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Can you tell us what your temps are, and what brand and type of uv bulb you have? Also, when is the last time your baby pooped? Are you feeding crickets and veggies that are smaller than the space between the baby's eyes?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You need to be aware that "relocation stress" happens with all dragons. This can last from a few days, to a few weeks. during this time, you won't see much eating, even hiding away. Allow some time, and keep the handling down to a minimum, feeding and baths every other day. If you are using a round dial like thermometer, then bath every day, as those are off by as much as 20*+/-.
Janie.

hawaiianonymous

Original Poster
I have the temp about 95/100.. my lighting wont go any hotter.. i juss changed the lighting fixture today.. so lets see how that works.. the i gave her dark greens and carrots and everything else i see on the list.. shell eat 2/3 crickets.. then she lets them walk all over here. i had paper bottoming.. then tried taking that out and kept the repticarpet... shes in a 20 gallon with a UVA/UVB 10.0 light... along with the basking light... the second i received her she was wayyy too friendly.. loved being around people.. ran right up to anyones hand... shes still kinda like that.. except her stomach literly shrinks before our eyes.. and not just like suck in.. but i mean shes bout 2 in wide.. and it gets to bout .75in wide!!! its really kinda scary.. but then it puffs right back out and she is full again and flatter! i spray her.. gave her 15 min baths... im not sure what else im doing wrong... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom