Help with new gravid BD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinamine

Hi

I got a new BD on Friday. She's 2years old and gravid. This will be her 3rd clutch. She was housed with a male all the time before. Now I have her in a tank on her own and she seems really stressed. I know that she will be very active before she lays but she really seems freaked out. She paces a lot and I get the feeling she thinks we're all about to kill her! Maybe I'm just being oversensitive but that's the feeling I get. I have tried giving her a warm bath but she sort of freaked out so I took her out. Any ideas about how to calm mer down and make her feel happier??

When I got my boys, they were also 2 years old and they paced a bit when they got into the new viv but they calmed down quickly and never seemed scared.

I assume she has to be relaxed to lay her eggs?

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
They get really frantic until they actually lay the eggs. If she's "cage dancing" or digging it can be a sign you need to put her in a lay box right now.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom