Help with eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon1

Hatchling Member
My dragon is still not back to eating normal. We went to the vet last month & he had parasites & was low on calcium, the vet gave him a calcium booster & told me to get flukers aide & use it till he starts eating again. Well i had to do that & then he started back to eating 2-3 times a day veggies & worms so it was all good, but now we're back to not eating much of anything & not pooping. I'm not sure what to do need some ideas this is very stressful. Dont want things to get worse or anything bad happen.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
You said you beardie had parasites when he went to the vets, did the vet treat them? I am sure if they were high and untreated or not treated properly then your beardie will be suffering now. I am guessing there is no blockage and the reason there is no poop going out is that there is no food going in, but that cannot be guaranteed.

I can't really offer any advice as I am fairly new to it all myself, but I hope someone here can answer your query.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I'm with DoubleJ here, how did you treat the parasites? Also I am curious why your dragon had a high(?) parasite count? Captive breed with parasites? What were you feeding while your dragon was eating? What is the substrate? Basking temperature? Have you given your dragon a bath since going through all it has gone through?

reddragon1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
treated my dragon with panacur. feeding super worms & veggies everyday. substrate is paper towels. giving the dragon a bath everyday or every other day. temps are 100 to 105.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
reddragon1":29nihsyd said:
treated my dragon with panacur. feeding super worms & veggies everyday. substrate is paper towels. giving the dragon a bath everyday or every other day. temps are 100 to 105.

How old is your dragon? I would hold off on the supers till your dragon is eating better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom