HELP, think back is broken on my poor beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

trackie

My bearded dragon was on the floor and my son accidentally trod on him, not full body weight but since he has been dragging both of his back legs and can't lift his back legs, his beard is black most of the time and he seems very lethargic. Wont eat or drink. I have managed to get some water into him via squirting it from a seringe.

I am very very worried about him, I sat up with him all night. I have phoned all the vets in the area and the earliest emergency vet I can see is tomorrow afternoon and I don't know what to do.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
For now, make his tank as accident proof as possible. Lower the heat lamp, remove anything he could fall off of, and put towels down so he doesn't rub himself raw dragging his legs around. Other than that, you will need to get an x-ray most likely. How big is he? You may need to syringe feed him baby food stage 1 chicken or turkey, and squash or green beans, so that he gets nutrition. Can you get some pictures and a video of his movements, as well? It would help us assess the severity. Also, can you review some of the basics of your care - UVB bulb, temps, typical feeding, and calcium dusting?

trackie

Original Poster

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
You need to upload your photos and the video to photobucket to post them here. Then just post the link between the url tags, or between the IMG tags. Glad you took out the sand - don't bother ever putting it back in. It's actually a really unsafe and unhealthy substrate. Other than offering him water and keeping him comfortable, there's not much you can do until you get him to the vet, but posting the pics and videos will help us understand the severity of the injury.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH I am sorry that happened. He very well could have some type of spinal injury. When are you going to try to get him in for an x-ray?
As suggested, get the basking spot lowered so he doesn't have to drag himself around to climb, etc & he can get some warmth & UVB on the bottom of his tank.
Keep him as comfortable as possible & stress free until you can get him checked out.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom