Help!! The lizard is dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
zebraflavencs":e7b17 said:
You are so wonderful, I think you need a HUGE HUG !

Second this! (((HUGE HUGS)))

Cloudy (precious princess dragon) sends her best as well. She's quite a hugger herself, with the occasional bum wiggle thrown in. :)

It must be so hard to witness this and deal with the indifference of this family. I am incensed at the willful ignorance and lack of empathy for this suffering dragon. I have no words but to say you are quite a special individual to take this on, given the circumstances.

Hang in there.

Em

northstar

Original Poster
OOooooo! I'm very excited. My dad had the suggestion of calling the local humane society. They wound up having a list of names of people who do lizard rescue!

I just got off the phone with a man named Chad who agreed to take the lizard and try to revive her. I am to call him back as soon as I get in touch with the owners. I think they will go for it :)

This man has a lot of experience. This way she would at least have a fighting chance!!

I'll let you know what happens

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Just taking the time to locate someone who can properly care for this poor baby shows what an outstanding individual you are!

We are all grateful that you came into her life and that you have given her the chance to live.

Bless You!

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
northstar":83e32 said:
OOooooo! I'm very excited. My dad had the suggestion of calling the local humane society. They wound up having a list of names of people who do lizard rescue!

I just got off the phone with a man named Chad who agreed to take the lizard and try to revive her. I am to call him back as soon as I get in touch with the owners. I think they will go for it :)

This man has a lot of experience. This way she would at least have a fighting chance!!

I'll let you know what happens

Fantastic! Please keep us posted on her!

Em

northstar

Original Poster
:cry:

She didn't make it thru the work day
Thanks to Chad for his willingness to take her in. Unfortunately we were too late
Thanks to all you for your help and concern

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Oh No!

Another irresponsible pet owner strikes again :angry5:

I am so sorry you were not able to get her away in time. Are you OK?

We are here if you need to talk :)

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
northstar":8c322 said:
:cry:

She didn't make it thru the work day
Thanks to Chad for his willingness to take her in. Unfortunately we were too late
Thanks to all you for your help and concern

I'm so so sorry, Northstar. I have no words. :cry:

(HUG)

Em

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Oh sweety ! I am so sad to hear that ! :cry: I think that all irresponsible pet owners should experience what they did to the pet ! :evil: A dose will be the cure !
We are here if you need to talk ! Big Hugs again for making such a terrific effort !
Janie.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
:( this thread is sooo sad, i was hoping for a happy ending for her! I m sorry but i am sure the help you gave her at the end made a difference in her litlle life. Hopefully the family will learn not to take pets they cannot or will not look after! What a bad example they set their own children!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I cannot believe how irresponsible and indifferent people can be. It really breaks my heart. I wish there were some way to stop these people from ever having animals again, but I highly doubt it. And this was a "classroom pet"?!?! What is this teaching the children?!?! :banghead: At least got to have a good couple days, even if they were few too many- she wouldn't have had that without you.
Sara

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I am very sorry that she passed away. :cry: I was hoping for a better ending than that. It is too bad that she had to endure suffering in her life of that magnitude. You have a kind heart to have reached out to try & help her.

Tracie

northstar

Original Poster
Thanks for the many condolences. I was profoundly upset by the whole episode. Not only for the suffering of the lizard but from seeing how people (that I know so well) can have such a strange and indifferent attitude towards a little living thing

It's obvious you all have a lot of love to give. I'm grateful for people like you! :)

Bell well everyone, that goes for your lizard friends too!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Northstar, I just found this thread, I have to highly commend you for doing what you could for this poor beardie. You must be feeling terrible, but you tried, unfortunately she was too far gone. :( The beardie world needs more people like you. Thanks for doing everything you possibly could do. I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom