Help! Swollen Tail~Need Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lturcot0

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Reptiles-704/2010/5/Female-Beardie-Swollen-Tail-1.htm

Has anyone seen something like this before? The swelling is gone but there is now a dark bruise at the site. The dragon is eating and active like normal. Tail tip is hardened possibly due to reduced circulation? We have been cleaning the tail and keeping an eye on it but wanted some opinions before having to go to the vet on causes or cures. Tail does not seem to be getting worse, just bruised and not healing quickly. What would cause this? Looks like tail might be broken? Will it fall off or can it heal on its own?

:banghead:

thanks for any help/advice !!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I just read through that link. Tracie, the lady that helped you there is one of our moderators here. She has some good ideas about helping beardie illnesses and has helped us in the past. How is her hydration status? I was able to click on your pic and enlarged it and I agree with Tracie, she's really dehydrated. It does take some time for them to heal. It takes time for their illnesses to show up and time for them to heal. Have you taken her to a vet? Can you post an updated picture on this thread?

lturcot0

Original Poster
This is my friends beardie. I talked to her last night and she said she thinks the tail might fall off! I am going to see if I can get more pictures from her and have her continue contact with Tracie! My friend is going to give her beardie a bath and try to get some fluids in her! She will bring it to the vet I believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom