Help! Skinny baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
He arrived yesterday and was very stressed out, he did not eat anything. Well today after 5 attempts, he ate 6 crickets. He then pooped after I soaked him tonight. But he is very very skinny. Literally the size of a pencil. He is so tiny I don't know what to do :( should I let him sleep throughout the night, or do I need to do something ASAP tonight. I'm really scared :(

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BBCode (message boards & forums)
Z8n499X.jpg

Spike1etta

Hatchling Member
Take it slow, you do not want to over feed if he has not been eating right. Better to do small feeds of 2 or 3 crickets 3 or 4 times a day. His appetite will increase after the shipping shock.

INReptiles

Hatchling Member
Does his poo look healthy? He could have a parasite if it doesn't, but chances are he doesn't, but he could, if it looks fine, not loose or abnormal looking, then your best bet is probably just follow what the poster above me said

Gail

BD.org Addict
He should be fine, keep him hydrated and feed often. How is his activity level? I would be rather upset to have a baby that small shipped to me, do you know his age? Did you see a picture before he was sent? It also looks like he might have been on colored sand so make sure he is pooping regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom