Help Sex Aprx 9.5" Red Beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

EAGOLD23

From what i've seen online, I think female but I am new to this whole thing. Sorry for the somewhat blurry pictures, its hard to take pictures with my camera. I think it is also shedding its belly as well.

IMG_0391.jpg

(Shedding her tail in that one dark spot)

IMG_0393.jpg

0415091106b.jpg

0415091107.jpg

(sorry for being blurry)

0415091107a.jpg

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Angle isn't quite right to be able to tell. You need to be able to see the inch or so from the vent to the tail.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I agree, she's definitely female. Her lump will be more pronounced as she gets older. You should check that photo against the article on sexing in the "Care Sheets and Articles" It shows definitely how to tell it's a femaie, from about 6 mo you can usually tell for a female. A male takes a bit longer. We always thought our 7 mo old Rubio was female until he was 6 mo old and started to take the stance as a male. We could see the sideways lumps along the tail just past the vent. Issy we were able to tell from 5 mo, her lump was pronounced. Female lumps are sideways along the vent on the tail side. Sweetie we thought was male until she laid an egg (& no other dragons in the house). So each female is different. Congratulations on your baby, she is soooo cute :love5: . I love babies :laughing6: , but they take no time to become teenagers (juvies), with all the hormones :roll: that go with... :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:
Deborah&Roger and our zoo.

EAGOLD23

Original Poster
She has bumps on her "inner thighs", are those just glands?

Here are less blurry photos!

0415092007.jpg

0415092009.jpg

0415092008a.jpg

0415092009a.jpg

I have another little guy hes def a male. Aprx 9.5 inches Born Jan 1st 2009

0416091412.jpg

0416091411c.jpg

0416091411b.jpg

0416091412a.jpg

0416091413a.jpg

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
To be honest Im seeing male.
Ususally with a female you have the nice bump at the vent then a smooth tail. With this little beardie Im seeing definate ridges on either side of the tail.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
My female is the same, and the vet has confirmed she is a she! lol As there are no obvious femoral pores i would also say female!

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Ethelia":d0fa2 said:
To be honest Im seeing male.
Ususally with a female you have the nice bump at the vent then a smooth tail. With this little beardie Im seeing definate ridges on either side of the tail.

The bulges aren't quite like how a males would be:

sexing_males.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom