Help! Razor just ate what looks like Black Locust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! I was letting my beardie run around in the sun for some natural UV then he took a chomp out of a fern that looks very much like young Black Locust. I pulled him away but he managed to swallow a bit before I could pull it out. He's acting fine but that's worrying me. What can I do?!

Gail

BD.org Addict
How much did he eat? Can you post a pic of the plant? Keep a really close eye on him and if starts to act off, get him to a vet.

MyAngelLokki

Original Poster
Went to a nursery got it identified. It is some sort of Locust and vet is booked. Calling around to get some help.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If you can't get him to a vet [ who would administer activated charcoal ] you can get some yourself from a drugstore and try to get a bit in to him. It absorbs the toxins so they can safely pass through the digestive tract.

MyAngelLokki

Original Poster
All is well. They referred us to another exotic vet. They got charcoal and a universal antidote into him and gave me some milk thistle to help his liver process successfully. He's home now. I need to pull or fence of that stuff if I'm going to let him run around in the future. Thanks for your help everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom