HELP QUICK PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon6947

Noticed this morning he was sleeping on the bottom of his tank which is odd for him but didn't think much of it.. Just a while ago now I found him laying down twisted in quite a strange position. I tried to get him to move but he seems to be having trouble moving his back legs and isn't trying to move at all except his head. He is breathing quite heavily. Also found a couple piles of poo around the tank that are larger than usual. Called the local pet store and they said sound like it could be a calcium deficiency and/or that he is dehydrated and suggested putting him in some water. I have gotten bad information from them before so wanted to check here. Please lemme know what you know!

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
I would maybe put this in the ER section and see if it gets more responses. I have no idea what it could be..but hopefully someone on here will be able to help ya out :)

pamz

3rd time i'm trying to post this

def get this on the emergency board along with what you feed him what your enclosre and substrate are, your lighting info, his age,

he def could be dehydrated. you could soak him in warm but not too hot water so that the water covers his vent are(the elimination area) . you may have to hold him there yourself if he is too weak or 'out of it'. i would start for 10-15 min then blot him with towel to dry and put him in the warm'basking area of enclosure to warm up and wait for more repsonces. many pwople soak/bathe their beardies.

he prbly IS dehydrated with an electrolyte imbalance and/or infectuous process. don't know how he could be impacted if he's pooped so much but you never know i guess.

please give as much facts as youcan on the er board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom