help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

melia78

I'm not sure what's going on with my dragon. My son was given a bearded dragon from his friend down the steet. They had her for about 2 years before giving her to us. We've had her since May. While they had her they said she never was really active and only just layed around in her cage. We made some changes to her cage added some things for her to climb on and stuff like that, and she was active for us. However today my daughter noticed that "Shadow" was laying eggs. Now I didn't know that they did this even if they hadn't been bred. I only just found out about making the laying box for her today while reading through some other topics. She layed about 17 eggs but they are spread out all over her cage, and now she has this redish like bubble just hanging out of her. Is this normal? Do I need to take her to the vet? And what do I do with the eggs? I'm really worried about her. :dontknow:

Thank You,
Melissa
MultimedMA24725791-0001.jpg

Multimed.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No that would be a prolapse. Laying infertile eggs is very common.
However, they probably did not have her under any UVB lighting, or supplemented with calcium. A prolapse usually happens when they are hypocalcemic, malnourished, dehydrated, or can occur due to egg laying.
You can try putting 2 tablespoons of sugar in some warm water to dissolve it. Then add some cool water then soak her in that. The sugar can sometimes help swollen tissue decrease in size & possibly go back to normal size.
She does need to see the vet. A blood test should be done to determine her calcium levels.
Can you tell us about your tank setup please?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom