Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder86

Hatchling Member
I have two beardies that don't seem to be digesting their food. When they poop in the morning there is a lot of it and it is very runny and wet and sometimes what look like little pods that i think are undigested crickets. I checked the temps and Kengo's is 104.5 hot and 80 cool and Yoshi's is 105.3 hot 81 on cool. They both have Repti-glo 10.0 florescent tubes that they can get within 8" of and the lights are on from 7:30 AM to 9:30PM. My beardies are both 7 weeks old and about 7" long. I feed them at about 8-9am 12-1, and 5-7. I through crickets in one at a time till they stop chasing them and i will leave an extra in in the morning and noon feedings. substrate=newspaper, veggies=squash repcal and vitamin at instructed times as per this site. I don't know if I'm feeding them to late or to much in the evening and they don't have time to digest or if it could be something else.
thank you
Scott

beardlover

Juvie Member
Frist off - get rid of the reptiGLO 10 it is no good and it causes eye problems and other health issues...the reptiSUN is what you want to get.

Are you making sure your beardies have at least 2 hours under their lights after eating? They need this time to digest properly, if they are out of their viv or their lights are turned off too soon they won't fully digest...

spyder86

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
waiting on two repti-sun the glo was all they had where i live :angry5: so had to order suns should be here friday, i will leave them in the cage all day and see if that helps, i usually take them out the get them used to me.
thanks
scott

LJean

Extreme Poster
It seems like the temps are good and the time to digest the food is right. What size crickets are you feeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom