HELP PLEASE!! VOMIT/SHAKING!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nienien

hello! i'm very happy to report that our girl beardie is back to normal! :D
we fed her some baby vegs & turkey last night and she loved it. This early morning, we attempted to feed her crickets and she ate 5 of them without hesitation! she is also feeling very comfortable in the new environment now, felt asleep in my bf's warm hand and started to eat food out of our hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3i2BvjjFqo

it turned out that the walnut shell substrate we got in the pet store is not good for her. we removed it and replaced with carpet. we will make sure to keep everything simple to prevent her to get ill again. thank you!!

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
aww thats such a cute video! Im glad he likes the babyfood it is a good way to mix up the veggies. They are so inexpensive, and since your not buying a huge bunch of greens less waste.

Im so glade you got ride of the wlanut shells, if I had know that I would have told you the same thing. It amazes me how much stuff the pet store promotes; and manufactures make for the matter, subrates that should not be used with dragons and can cause death. It is sad really.

nienien

:D she started to eat vegs herself too! (even though babyfood in it!!) I'm sooo proud!!!!
(we went to Midwest Reptile Show and saw some other reptiles and realized our girl is probably only 3-4 months old, not 10 months old.

thank you~~ ^^

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Oh yeah that is what I thought myself. I forgot that you had said she was 10 months! Where did you purchase you baby, did they tell you she was 10 months?

nienien

she was in Petco as an adoption beardie. we adopted her and they didn't tell us any info on her besides she kind of puffed up when the previous owner handled her. we got her very cheap along with the cage/light/accessories. (just like what you said last time, pet store are really not responsible sometimes).

she started to sneeze (i think it is) a lot. i checked online and they said it's normal but i still worry about her sometimes.
we are about to buy a lot of live crickets online, do you have any suggestion where to get them cheap? (http://www.mulberryfarms.com or http://www.cricketfactory.com ?) thank you dear!

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Mulberry is pretty good. I have had much better luck from Reptilefood.com over night shipping with 1000 crickets is only like $28-32. I have had alot less dead crickets with them. Unfortunaley, (not there fault) mulberry has had all sorts of problems with there shipping. I can't remember who they were using but stuff woudl get lost, sent to the wrong house, half the order would show up dead because it was late. Also, reptilefood test there crickets every few months for parasites.

nienien

this place is awesome! it is the cheapest online place i've seen so far!! their website design is waaaaaaay more professional than the other two! :D (thank u~!!) we gonna give this a try!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom