HELP NOW I dont think she will make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedavis3

My Baby Female Bearded Dragon is less than a month old. Earlier tonight she was fine, but only a few hours later shes displaying very odd behaviors. Her chin has turned black, she keeps opening up her mouth very wide and pushing out her tongue. Shes very lathargic and is having a lot of trouble with coordination. For instance, I put her on her branch and she held on for a minute and then just fell off. She walks and then collapses a lot. I'm not sure exactly what a seizure looks like in a beardie, but what she has been doing is stretching out her front legs straight in front of her and creining her head back towards her back. It looks like she is in pain. When I hold her she isn't gripping onto my hand as she normally does. Also randomly after acting so weak she makes a run for it. I'm extremely worried and I dont know if she will make it through the night. What should I do? Please any help would be appreciated.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
hi, im going to get a mod for you. in the mean time, what are you using for a substrate or bedding?

what kind of lights is she under?

has she been coughing or expelling any mucus from her nose or mouth, what about licking lips?

what do you feed her, any water? what about calcium or multivitamins?

what is the temperature on the hot side under the heat and UVB lamps>? what about on the cool side of the cage?

try to answer those questions while i get a moderator for you, hang in there...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your baby sounds like she is in pain. Poor girl.
What did you feed her recently?
How long has her beard been dark? She is obviously in distress & or pain.
How is her breathing, is it regular or erratic? What do her eyes look like, are they sunken in or are they bright?
Could she have fallen from something?
It does sound like she has had a seizure or something of that nature, by your description.
Keep us posted on her. Please answer the questions for us, too, thanks.

Tracie

dreshany

Hatchling Member
My first thoughts when I read this post was a possible respiratory infection because of the mouth gaping. Anyway, it sounds pretty serious and I would suggest an immediate trip to the vets. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom