HELP NEEDED NOW Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelrussell

Help :!:
I have been keeping my beardie at 32 degrees C (89.6 degrees fahrenheit) during the day and turning heat and UV lamp both off at night. However i have been told to keep her at 26 degrees C (80 degrees fahrenheit) during day and night but turning the UV off at night.
Which of these (or something else) should i do.
I'm a bit scared that i'm doing the wrong thing :|
Reply ASAP
Thanks.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Your viv should actually 105-110 F (40.5 C-43.3 C) on the basking spot, and 80-85 F (26.6 C-29.4 C) on the cool side..
ALL lights should go off at night, unless the viv is getting below 65 F (18.3 C) at night. Then you will need to get some kind of heat for at night only, which a Ceramic Heat Emitter will work the best, it only puts off heat, and no light. You don't want to leave lights on over night because they will keep your beardie up all night.
But if your tank stays about 18.3 C then your beardie should be fine during the night with NO lights.
Hope this helps!

EDIT: What kind of UVB are you using? You said lamp..so if it's a compact or coil bulb I would get rid of it and get a reptisun 10.0 tube

my BD viv (4x2x2 foot) is at arond 38*C ambient with a basking spot of about 42*C at the hot end and 30*C ambient at the cool end during the day. the amient temp for the hot end is taken as far away from the basking bulb as poss. the UV and heaters are all the turned off during the evening a ceramic can be used to heat during the night, but only if the temps drop below 17/18*C.

in my opinion for the basking spot id recommend a light emmiting bulb (i use a reptihalogen made by, zoomed i believe) and i use a ceramic heater to raise the overall temperature whereas i only used the ceramic for both and for UV lighting id recommned a Reptisun 10% tube light. i replaced my reptiglo 10% tube with the reptisun and after all the changes i made there was a huge improvement in my BD in everything form activity, feeding, and well everything.

all in all these are my opinions and are what i have found to work best for my BD, how each person cares for theirs is up to them. hope i can help in even a tiny way

joelrussell

Original Poster
Thanks for your help. We're using a ReptiGlo UV Lamp and it's going to be replaced by a ReptiSun soon. The heat lamp was new 4 weeks ago. As I am typing my BD called Ronnie is somehow trying to climb to the top of her viv.
Once again thanks :D

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
joelrussell":82ff9 said:
Thanks for your help. We're using a ReptiGlo UV Lamp and it's going to be replaced by a ReptiSun soon. The heat lamp was new 4 weeks ago. As I am typing my BD called Ronnie is somehow trying to climb to the top of her viv.
Once again thanks :D
Great! I'm glad you are switching to a reptisun! You will definitely see an improvement in your beardie!!
Make sure it's the tube and not a compact/coil though.
BTW: What are you using to measure your temps?

joelrussell

Original Poster
Thanks.
For us to see what temperature it is, we have an Exo-Terra at the basking side of her viv.
But apparently they've been known not to be too accurate.
The one that is connected to her thermostat is (i think) made with the thermostat.
It's a LivingEarth Electronics HabiStat.
Hope This Helps :!:
:blob5: :blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom