Help! My dragon is weird and I might have to get rid of her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tgu

For about 3 weeks now my (I assume) female dragon teto will do this thing where she poops and about 10 minutes later she will run in it and wipe it all over the back tank glass. It's hard to clean up and smells horrible. I've owned her since she was about 4 weeks old and she is a little over 2 years old now. I've read on different places how other dragons will do this and they counter acted it by giving them baths before they leave and have them poop then. However I cannot do that because I need to leave at 630Am for school.(and dont get back till usually 220ish) I cant take it anymore! I always come home to my room smelling horrible and as much as I love this adorable and cuddly dragon I think I might need to give her to someone else who can manage this.

I would like your opinons on this. Anyone know how to stop it so I wont have to give her a new home?

Before anyone suggests anything about her trying to get away from the poop and walking into on accident... I've seen her, on the weekends, walk away from the poop PFERECTLY CLEAN. Then about 10 minutes later (I was busy working on homework) I watched her WALK BACK INTO THE POOP!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is a frustrating issue and will happen even with a trained dragon from time to time (I just saw my dragon do this on the webcam and am looking forward to tank cleanup when I get home :roll: ) Since she is an adult though, you may be able to train her to go in the afternoons with some patience. Does she tend to go once every day or two? I'd try giving her a meal and a bath in the afternoon when you get home. Maybe keep her in a spot outside of her tank (provide a portable basking light if you wish) for a while until she goes (within reason). After a while she'll start to get used to this routine and go in the afternoon. She likely doesn't want to stay in the tank with the poop but is in the routine of going when you're away. In time you can probably change that by giving her a new routine to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom