HELP! My beardie ate another lizard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcapriotti7

Original Poster
Drache613":3gs8umtg said:
Hello,

That is excellent news to hear~! It sounds like he is going to be just fine. :D
So his head & face are shedding? They will definitely bulge their eyes & push their beard out often to get that
skin all stretched out before shedding.
I'm glad he is doing better now.

Tracie
Yea he started shedding right after it happened. Is it a bad idea to keep letting him out under supervision with my uro occasionally (uro is 9in, 70g compared to 18in, 295g dragon. This was started when both lizards were the same size) he's never gone after it before (he even waves at it from time to time) but im worried after this that he may.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
With such a size difference I wouldnt. In the past I had a uro also. And my full grown dragon was always trying to chase after it even though the uro was full size too. Every time I had my uro out, my beardie would glass surf like no other to try to get at the uro.

Of course all dragons behave different, but since yours has already shown a tendency to eat anything it can fit down its mouth, probably not worth the risk :p

What kind of uro do you have?

-Brandon

Gcapriotti7

Original Poster
Its a Saharan Uro. I got it awhile ago from a really bad previous owner. It was really sick but he's doing a lot better now. He does seem stunted however.

Gcapriotti7

Original Poster
Update: I took him out for a few minutes to check his tummy and make sure it wasn't rigid and when i put him on the floor he opened his mouth and puffed his beard at me. He has never shown aggression like this before qnd im wondering if maybe he's possibly in pain when his belly is touched

Gcapriotti7

Original Poster
105864-4020267655.jpg
He's been sitting like this for about 10 minutes, idk if he's just venting but I am still concerned. He is breathing

Gcapriotti7

Original Poster
Update: He woke up before his lights were on and moved to the cool side. His eyes are open and he seems alert. Stomach is still soft and no apparent swelling.

Gcapriotti7

Original Poster
Okay he pooped and since he pooped right after eating the lizard and has only consumed greens since then i assume its the poor lizard he ate. I also noticed that part of the urate is orange and I've never seen this before. Is it cause for concern?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
Has he eaten anything at all since then? The urates can become discolored from things that they eat,
supplementation, etc. Is his tummy still soft?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Gcapriotti7

Original Poster
Drache613":1ao5de4s said:
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
Has he eaten anything at all since then? The urates can become discolored from things that they eat,
supplementation, etc. Is his tummy still soft?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie
His stomach is soft. He's been eating well and there has been nothing strange going on now, he is alert and energetic. Ill post some photos of him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He does look good there. How is he doing this evening? I hope he is feeling better.

Tracie

Gcapriotti7

Original Poster
Drache613":2gbslsne said:
Hello,

He does look good there. How is he doing this evening? I hope he is feeling better.

Tracie
He is doing a lot better thank you! He is eating regularly and so far there's no sign of illness

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear he continues to get better & hasn't shown any problems thus far.
Lizards are off the menu for him now! :)

Tracie

Gcapriotti7

Original Poster
Drache613":2fu2jf2z said:
Hello,

I am glad to hear he continues to get better & hasn't shown any problems thus far.
Lizards are off the menu for him now! :)

Tracie
Lets hope he learned from his tummyache

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I sure he probably did, but you will have to baby sit him next time! LOL

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom