Help! My baby might be hurt :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good to hear that she's doing a little better ! Keep offering the crippled crickets and be very careful of using mealworms. Baby beardies can get impacted from eating too many, and they love them so much that they gobble them down and then refuse the better food items.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific she is eating right now, it sounds like she is feeling better. :D I'm glad you didn't
give the Baytril, it is harsh on the system & she is only 2 grams which means her system really
can't handle toxins well.
Does she still appear to be injured or is that improving also? I would reconsider the anti-inflammatory too unless she seems to be in pain. Serrapeptase is a more natural substance to use for pain &
swelling issues.

Tracie

Sarahsully

Original Poster
Hi! So sorry for the late reply, the swelling has gone down but is still there, she’s still getting around very well but not completely like her usual self, she’s eating super worms (she’s over crickets for now) and I’m dusting the worms with calcium as well, I barely got the metacam today and will give it to her in hopes that her spirits stay up! I’ll keep you all updated :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Don't bother with the Metacam, recently 2 dragons here were given Metacam, both had seizures afterwards [ which is listed as a side effect among other things like loss of appetite + loss of co ordination ] One dragon recovered but the other one died. I'd not give that baby a drop of it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today, anymore improvements?
I agree, the metacam has been causing quite a few problems recently. Normally it is pretty
effective but with some of the cases we have seen on here lately, it is causing a lot of problem
in them.
Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I highly suggest not giving such a small baby that weighs only 2 grams any Superworms at all, no matter what the size, that's very dangerous, just as bad, if not worse than the mealworms, even if they are the "micro" size. If you want to try a healthy worm, then order her some BSFL/Phoenix Worms, from a place like www.dubiaroaches.com They are extremely healthy, low in fat, and full of water to keep her hydrated. And they are completely soft-bodied so they won't impact her or choke her. You can use the size medium, no use in ordering the small size, as they are soft-bodied and she can handle the mediums fines. But no Superworms at all please, that's asking for trouble. In fact, it's not advised that you feed even a healthy dragon any size of Superworms until they are at least 12" or longer, certainly such a small baby that only weighs 2 grams is playing with fire..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom